Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I'm new here, and I just wanted to introduce myself and my ride.

So I'm Dan, I'm 32 and originally from England, but now I'm living in New South Wales, Australia (anyone else nearby wanting to go for a ride hit me up :) ).

So on January 10th 2015 I took delivery of a brand new beautiful and healthy baby CBR300RASE, and was instantly in love. It was my first bike and in truth I just wanted it for the colour scheme. I'm a big guy (6'4" and 266lbs/121kg) and she moves well. In Australia you are on a time restriction before you can move onto anything bigger than a 650, and in my case I had to wait 15 months, so this one was intended to learn on.

I have put 16,000km (10,000 miles) on the odometer in the last 11 months and in truth I've loved every second of it because I normally ride with people that have bikes in excess of 1000cc and they like to prove it, and my CBR300 always keeps up... okay maybe she lags a little on the straights but she catches up in the corners.

I'd also like to introduce you to my co-pilot, wookie. She's an 18 month old Eclectus Parrot and loves being on the bike, but for her own safety she has to travel in a bag due to the massive levels of speed and danger and stuff.

I've had a huge learning curve when it comes to bike maintenance and I've even done advanced riding courses so I haven't fallen yet, but due to the stand being too long (you know what I mean), she once fell over in an uneven car park :(.

Anyways, nice to be here, looking forward to getting to know some people, but I just want to make it clear now that I intend to upgrade to a Fireblade in April... #sorrynotsorry .

Attachments

Reactions: mikal

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dan, there's a fair smattering of antipodeans on here but none toting a parrot as pillion!
Well you've sure had a busy year on the bike huh, do you commute or is that all recreational km's?
Great that you are enjoying it, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us here at the 300 club. :)

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Parrot

Do you ride a squark speed?:D

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
1 - 4 of 4 Posts