Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the saying goes all good things come to an end-I sold my CB300F this day to a nice first time local rider-I told him to make sure he joins this forum and I'm sure ya'll will treat him right-why did I sell it well I just don't need two bikes anymore and my 2019 CB500X is just so nice it's my ride of choice-- I enjoyed it here but so long for now

·
Super Moderator
2,999 Posts
mate, theres no membership/ownership restriction here,, motorcycles come and go, motorcyclists are motorcyclists, regardless of current ride...

kiwi rides a green thing, mm rides a tractor :)
Which is also a green thing. ;)

Funny, the thought just occurred to me that you'd have to look back to the 1970's when all the candy pearl colors were in vogue, to find factory green Honda motorcycles. But, wasn't there a recent street bike model from Honda in a green color, or am I thinking of another brand?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I sold my Deauville over two years ago but I'm still on the DeauvilleUK forum Just posted a picture a few minutes ago in reply to a voltmeter thread. I keep a quite extensive set of photos of stripdowns etc. Often helps new members find where a certain part has been hidden by Mr Honda.:laugh:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nothing gold can stay. If I had a CB500X I'd sell the 300 as well. I work for Honda and I've been trying to convince the store owner to put a CB500X in the showroom, but he's not convinced it would sell. I think I'll tell him I will buy it. Been wanting one for 2 years and it's heavily revised for this year which makes me want it more. I just don't care for the colorway...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nothing gold can stay. If I had a CB500X I'd sell the 300 as well. I work for Honda and I've been trying to convince the store owner to put a CB500X in the showroom, but he's not convinced it would sell. I think I'll tell him I will buy it. Been wanting one for 2 years and it's heavily revised for this year which makes me want it more. I just don't care for the colorway...
I'm afraid if I worked in a dealership with new bikes and all kinds of goodies, I'd end up "working to pay the company store". :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
As the saying goes all good things come to an end-I sold my CB300F this day to a nice first time local rider-I told him to make sure he joins this forum and I'm sure ya'll will treat him right-why did I sell it well I just don't need two bikes anymore and my 2019 CB500X is just so nice it's my ride of choice-- I enjoyed it here but so long for now
Sorry to see you go. Best of luck with the 500, you will be missed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which is also a green thing. ;)

Funny, the thought just occurred to me that you'd have to look back to the 1970's when all the candy pearl colors were in vogue, to find factory green Honda motorcycles. But, wasn't there a recent street bike model from Honda in a green color, or am I thinking of another brand?
My first street bike, purchased for $800 in 1991, was a '80 Honda CM400T and was very green. There is one for sale on my local CL that I am trying not to buy.

1980 CM400T.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
My BSA Shooting Star that I bought in 1960 was green.:). Did many miles on it and toured all west Europe over a period of 18 months while stationed in Germany with RAF.
The BSA in your pictures is a twin cylinder. The Shooting Star was a 500 cc single. :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts