Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time I will purchase a slip on exhaust for my bike (CBR 300 R). The one used in the video is the same color as mine....so what exhaust do YOU GUYS/GALS think looks good on the Tri-Color bike. (PM me if you wish).
Thanks for all thoughts. PS I may or may not purchase this brand..thoughts/opinions still needed...again thanks to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gy4eZbd87k

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Sheesh they sure make a wide range of styles! I like the Fuore Nero best in the matt black finish.
The white is something a bit different, possibly hard to keep clean and retain its look?

Listening to the sound bites though reminded me of my old Leo Vince GP Corsa.
With the DB reducer in the sound is too small bore sounding because of the small pea-shooter size exit hole for the gases. It gets more throaty with it out but then it's too loud for my liking. Fun for blasting around town on and off the throttle but irritating on a long ride at constant throttle settings.

After clocking up a combined 17K miles on WeeBR's with loud aftermarket exhausts I'm getting a bit over it. I'd be looking at something like the scorpion with the front and rear baffle set up or the FMF that MotoMike has perhaps.
Worth paying a bit more for something that is going to last durability wise and one that you wont tire of.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought the GPR Deeptone that is one of the those in that video. The GPR sticker came separate and I left it off for a cleaner look.

It didn't come with the db insert (was cheaper without so i gave it a shot) so it is quite loud but like kiwi said the tone of the sound is much better with it out and I ride with earplugs anyway. I actually get compliments on sound and people are surprised it is a small cc bike!

I bought it mainly for lightness but the quality impressed too, good welds and double walled muffler so it doesn't get leg roasting hot!

I have ~3.5k miles on it so far and one low side at the track, which while on the exhaust side (right hand turn) it survived without damage (I did have to loosen the bolts and wiggle it back into alignment).

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVnUnCO8wuc

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the GPR Deeptone that is one of the those in that video. The GPR sticker came separate and I left it off for a cleaner look.

It didn't come with the db insert (was cheaper without so i gave it a shot) so it is quite loud but like kiwi said the tone of the sound is much better with it out and I ride with earplugs anyway. I actually get compliments on sound and people are surprised it is a small cc bike!

I bought it mainly for lightness but the quality impressed too, good welds and double walled muffler so it doesn't get leg roasting hot!

I have ~3.5k miles on it so far and one low side at the track, which while on the exhaust side (right hand turn) it survived without damage (I did have to loosen the bolts and wiggle it back into alignment).

Here is another from a member here.. Cooper your sounds great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6XoXfdCHsg

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts

Good skills mate, you held out those guys on the chook chasers nicely! :D

Looks like a fun track to ride. And yeah, nice note from the pipe.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Louder or sound different than your bike Kiwi?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Louder or sound different than your bike Kiwi?
Always hard to tell with sound clips but I think louder prob due to smaller canister size. Mines a 14" jobbie so reasonably quiet compared to some but still a touch on the loud side for me and I could swear its getting louder with time. Possibly will need re-pack at some stage.
Because I do a lot of long distance runs I find the constant drone of a loud pipe annoying after a couple of hours.
I Must be ageing as I remember riding around Oz in my early twenties with a 4 into 1 howling in my right ear the whole way and it didn't bother me!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AAAAAA...the price of having lots of Testosterone in our youth......having a car and seeing who is the quickest in the 1/4 mile or who can leave the most rubber at a stop sign. Having a cracking bike with a very loud exhaust to turn heads and get noticed by the girls... or a matching leather racing suit that makes you look like a REAL G.P. Racer.

OH! How I remember those days.......:)

Reactions: Treve82

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you notice the claimed extra 1.5HP increase?
I am not skilled enough to notice the subtle changes yet and put it on before my first track day and hadn't floored it with the stock one so I don't really know sorry :( The weight difference on the other hand was instantly noticeable!

Hahaha thanks! I did have to google chook chaser lol :laugh: Lots of places I can improve on, I think the low speed corners are the most challenging mentally and I need to get my butt further off the seat. Can't wait for summer when I get back out there! I am still riding in the winter on mild days but the tracks are closed till late April. Need to wear out my tires to justify getting some radials! That is one of my favorite tracks, not too many long straights unlike VIR which has a 1.2 mile back straight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQtq_uWHrSE

I have a 80 minute ride home from the track and with earplugs it doesn't bother me. That said I rode without ear plugs around town once and it was loud enough that I would be annoying on the highway. If you don't already ride with earplugs a lightweight exhaust might convince you to start lol ;) I would expect mine to be louder than kiwi's just given the length of the muffler if nothing else.

Reactions: Treve82

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
not the white one..

imo for 'looks' the thread subject,
with black wheels black is best..

carbon imo the best 'black'..
not too short, not too long,
tucked in nicely by design..

notice cannister angle aligns with rear
underseat frame angle, cannister ends
align with wheel/tyre size, and midpipe
hugs its space as if designed for this
motorcycle [which it is]..

the/an exhaust system is just another part of
the motorcycle, and should blend in to its
overall design and presence, enhancing it
rather than being the focus of attention [imo]..

those cannisters extending behind the wheel
and out from the side of the motorcycle
look obviously add-on, by definition..
[to each her own of course]

Leo Vince LV-One EVO II Slip-On Exhaust Honda CBR250R 2011-2012 - RevZilla

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
had a lv carbon s/o on black beauty [cbr250r]
which fitted perfectly, looked made for it
[which it was] and was the finishing touch
to that particular [black] motorycle..

it took a low impact from a car [bloody woman]
knocking the rear wheel a meter or so away
leaving a paint mark only on the carbon canister..
[thought it would have been crushed]..

with both reducers in it could be ridden reasonably
quietly [early morning starts etc] but would
make itself know in overtakes or taking off
from the front at lights [filterer] and when
pushing it up steep hills etc..

it even taught me a lesson on my then habit
of over-revving on downshifting/engine braking,,
so the noise was in some ways helpful
and worth it in the end, imo..

at least it created good memories for when
everything becomes battery powered...

i had intended to get another one the same
for cbr300r [replacement for stolen black beauty]
but she's gone to motorcycle heaven now..
but, yes i do recommend this lv evo 11
eu approved carbon slip on
:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
CDN, just curious if you were able to find a Canadian supplier for GPR. All my searching leads to either German or UK website. Even Revzilla doesn't sell it... And paying $800 cad for Akrapovic seems a little too much.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks! It didn't come on my search radar. :)
No problem, it took me a while to find it too. I often forget Amazon has bike parts as the selection is so random and prices often are rarely the best, but sometimes it works out.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Ebay is where you get the cheap stuff, that usually lasts a year or two.
From my experience, Amazon offers the better products, (probably because they have this product review section,
Ebay, lots of cheap stuff, and harder to find good things in.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Hence the term Fleebay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts