Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm thinking of a full Scorpion exhaust, if you remove the end can can the pipe be removed through the front without fairing removal?, standard pipes look sbit very quickly in the UK with all the rain.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hi,
I'm thinking of a full Scorpion exhaust, if you remove the end can can the pipe be removed through the front without fairing removal?, standard pipes look sbit very quickly in the UK with all the rain.
Thanks.
I just installed a full system. Stainless steel header pipe to can and yes I did remove the right low Ter fairing. You could probably do it without removing the fairing but because of my frequent oil changes, removing that fairing takes a few minutes. It's just easier to slide the header up and there is a mounting bolt right behind that fairing and also the negative grounding wire right next to that mount. Like I said just made the job easier as I could see everything clearly and not be blind taking the mount bolts and ground wire out.
Btw I didn't try pulling the header out the front..I assume you mean through the front tire area? The way I did it was just lowered the header pipe and turned it a bit and slid it right out the side. Very easy job took me about 30 minutes. I also used permatex copper rtv on all the joints, only so I didn't have to come back n screw around with it if I had a leak. Also I would highly recommend getting a new copper gasket for the header. I bought a couple and they are only a couple bucks. The stock gasket was totally crushed thin and I needed to pry it out with a screwdriver. The new copper gasket is a round ring, it is not flat. Also be very careful tightening down the header nuts. Do not go by the Honda Oem torque specs as it will bend the flange and could bend the header bolts very easily with it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Never had the fairing off, it looks like a ball ache of a job. I you ever take it off again would you mind doing a guide please, im to heavy handed and would break something i think.

Mark

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Thanks,
Never had the fairing off, it looks like a ball ache of a job. I you ever take it off again would you mind doing a guide please, im to heavy handed and would break something i think.

Mark
When you do it once it will take no time at all the next time. You have to take it off to get to the oil filter as well, if you plan on changing your own oil.
As far as taking the fairing off...look in the 'search' box there are a few posts on how to do it with pictures

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Yes, you can get the header off without removing fairing, I've done it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Yes, you can get the header off without removing fairing, I've done it.
Yah the header slides right out easily, that's how I got the Stock one off. But the 2 minutes to remove the fairing was worth it to me because I was installing a new exhaust and I'm kinda OCD when it comes to mechanical things. Didn't have to crawl under the bike to unscrew the bolt and ground wire.
1 thing I forgot to say is that 'hidden' allen bolt on that fairing that everyone fusses about? I replaced that with a hex bolt so I can easily slide a small wrench in there now and turn it. Because it is 'hidden' you cannot see the hex head either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts