Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kiwi mentioned that the stock exhaust of the cbr300r and the cb300f is quite heavy.

Not all have the money for a $500+ Yoshimura exhaust.
Which (full system, or slip-on) would you recommend, that's affordable and lightweight?

The M4 GP has quite some good reviews, and goes for $240. (Edit: seems like this might not fit the CB)
Hotbodies MGP goes for $233.
I also saw a Musarri slipon for $190 on ebay for sale!

Which would you recommend, for lower than $250?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Kiwi mentioned that the stock exhaust of the cbr300r and the cb300f is quite heavy.

Not all have the money for a $500+ Yoshimura exhaust.
Which (full system, or slip-on) would you recommend, that's affordable and lightweight?

The M4 GP has quite some good reviews, and goes for $240. (Edit: seems like this might not fit the CB)
Hotbodies MGP goes for $233.
I also saw a Musarri slipon for $190 on ebay for sale!

Which would you recommend, for lower than $250?
I have the Aluminum Mussari. I bought it before picking up the bike and put it on with only 10 miles on the bike lol. I love it. Never put the silencer in, in my area the Police don't bother you for loud bikes. It's very well known here because it is a retirement town and well 'loud pipes save lives' lol
I very much recommend it but so far the system they sell and advertise for the 300r, is really the system for the 250r. On the 300r they extended the header pipe about 4 inches so the midpipe they give you when attached to our bikes brings the exhaust can far back. A bit of custom hanging work needs to be done but otherwise its great. No packing ever needed btw

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
So what did you do? Extend the muffler hanger so the clamp is in the middle or cut 4 inches off the header pipe?

Reactions: mikal

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
So have you finally bought a WeeBR MeeLee or are you just getting all your ducks lined up in preparation?? :laugh::devil:

Generally speaking the cheaper pipes are louder and/or have flimsy build quality. I think if I was going to purchase another pipe I would look seriously at the Scorpion with the front and rear fitting baffles.
May be out of your budget range tho.

Reactions: mikal

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the M4 GP seems to get a lot of good reviews out there, usually by people who mod for loudness sake, not weight.
On the M4, the reduction in weight is an an added benefit...

The scorpion looks like a Yoshimura exhaust.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So what did you do? Extend the muffler hanger so the clamp is in the middle or cut 4 inches off the header pipe?
I figured a picture is worth 1000 words lol.
I am looking for a racing bracket stay right now. I want to get rid of the back rearsets and it get rid of this bracket as well. Very expensive for a nice stainless steel or chrome piece. It's also hard to find 1 with the correct distance between the top 2 mounting holes.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Why not a piece of flat aluminum bar polished? And drill 2 correct measured holes....

So being that the slip-on is for a CBR 250 R... the mid pipe lined up/canister lined up well when fitted to the CBR 300 R...??

This is what I DON"T want the look of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJDK0dnImc The angle to me is completely wrong....

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
So MeeLee....Did you purchase a motorcycle??? (Inquiring minds need to know!)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Why not a piece of flat aluminum bar polished? And drill 2 correct measured holes....

So being that the slip-on is for a CBR 250 R... the mid pipe lined up/canister lined up well when fitted to the CBR 300 R...??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJDK0dnImc The angle to me is completely wrong....
Yes that is quite up-swept and that clamp is very close to the front of the cannister so I'm wondering if this is a CBR250 pipe?
IMO that note is very raspy/trailbike like but it could be the recording.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

everything lines up fine..you can see in his picture tho that the canister wrap clamp is very low on the canister. Not giving it any support in the back. That's why I extended it with the spacer. Also his points up a bit, you can twist the midpipe around to get a better angle. and btw mine doesn't sound like that at all. I dunno if he has the baffle in it or what. I always get compliments on mine. I couldn't even tell you how many people think and ask me if it's a 600. Honestly I've done so much work to it, it barely looks like a 300r anymore(kinda). I mean all carbon lower fairings and fenders, clipons, mirrors, pillion, getting rearsets and removing the back rearsets too, just bought an aluminum muffler bracket.
I don't like the look of those shorty exhausts at all. I want the exhaust to exit behind me lol. I'll take some better pictures today for you.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Yes that is quite up-swept and that clamp is very close to the front of the cannister so I'm wondering if this is a CBR250 pipe?
Yes it is the midpipe for the 250r but they advertise it as the 300r. I got very pissed at them when I was installing it and found out. They actually deducted 50bux off the price so I paid 1800 for the aluminum one. Like i said maybe he has the baffle in or it is the recording because mine does not sound like that at all. I love the sound of mine and get compliments all the time. I ride sometimes with a group and some newer people ask if its a 500 or 600 once in a while.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
OH it is raspy. But not like a 125 dirt bike. On engine braking it has a very nice pop to it. I've heard the akropovic's and m4 and they really don't sound much different than the Mussari. The Mussari is very popular in my area with the Ninjas

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

Granted this is a CBR250RR so the throttle response is a lot faster than ours, but he has the same Musarri exhaust as I do. This is a much better representation of the sound than that other flyby clip. I believe he's recording from a go-pro on his helmet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wt3s_Aw5Bg

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
theres local bloke with a [black] ninja with black musarri s/o
which also slants upwards and sounds very nice..

he seems to ride it in and out of the area rationally
but without doubt it manifests that engines
potential as thu its 'voice'..

it is muffled, not offensive imo, yet gives
it a nice unstressed soft deep tone..
cant speak to it under heavy loading,
but otherwise it is very nice..

angled too much imo but, it is up there
out of the way, could be easily reduced,
and it sort of grew on me walking past..

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
theres local bloke with a [black] ninja with black musarri s/o
which also slants upwards and sounds very nice..

he seems to ride it in and out of the area rationally
but without doubt it manifests that engines
potential as thu its 'voice'..

it is muffled, not offensive imo, yet gives
it a nice unstressed soft deep tone..
cant speak to it under heavy loading,
but otherwise it is very nice..

angled too much imo but, it is up there
out of the way, could be easily reduced,
and it sort of grew on me walking past..
You have explained my musarri exactly. I could not have said it any better!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dam Moto just came out with an exhaust system for the CBR300R..

Going to get one for my wifes CBR300R.. Hoping to find a video or pics with it mounts as I want to see how their angled the exhaust can with their design..

regards

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts