Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would me having an Extended Service Contract fix the neutral shifting & loose clutch handle for free if I took it back to the dealer? I noticed on the forums that the shifting into neutral and getting out of neutral issue was kind of a pain so I thought it was normal and would work it self out after the 600 mile service and a couple hundred miles, but it hasn't. That and the clutch handle rattling has been bothering me so I was just wondering if I could get it fixed for free since I had an Extended Service Contract.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Would me having an Extended Service Contract fix the neutral shifting & loose clutch handle for free if I took it back to the dealer? I noticed on the forums that the shifting into neutral and getting out of neutral issue was kind of a pain so I thought it was normal and would work it self out after the 600 mile service and a couple hundred miles, but it hasn't. That and the clutch handle rattling has been bothering me so I was just wondering if I could get it fixed for free since I had an Extended Service Contract.
Are you talking about the HondaCare Extended Warranty? If so, probably not... it's not a "Service Contract" in the sense of covering routine/regular maintenance. If your clutch lever is rattling, it sounds like it simply needs to have some excess free play take out of the cable. It's easy to do yourself... http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/how-forum/3305-how-clutch-cable-free-play-adjustment.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts