Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
One little tip if you ride much in wet weather is to use large rubber washing-up gloves over your normal leather ones. Keep your hands dry and can be removed when (if) the rain stops.

·
Registered
387 Posts
One little tip if you ride much in wet weather is to use large rubber washing-up gloves over your normal leather ones. Keep your hands dry and can be removed when (if) the rain stops.
Yeah, that’s what I will end up doing. I was just hoping for a less *ahem* “stylish” answer to the problem. If I can find a pair big enough.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
also,, brain will restrict warming blood to fingers/hands and toes/feet if head, neck/torso are cold [a natural survival response].. tight clothing also restricts blood flow, eg, tight jeans, boots etc.. lack of movement also effects blood flow, thus warmups before riding, incl wrists/hands, toes/feet [doesnt take much] plus ongoing movements while in the saddle, release tension and encourage circulation.. sitting still with flexed hip/knee/ankle joints especially with tight clothing [include jeans cut for standing/walking] will decrease vital warming blood to extremeties.. just, sitting..

also helps to have a good fairing, which deflects cold air and retains some engine heat around feet/ankle/knee areas.. thus cbr300r aside from any performance factors or looks etc.. it all adds up..

full rain suits typically keep torso/arms/legs dry/warmer and are cut for comfort including not restricting circulation.. by all means use warm gloves etc, but also consider this special activity from the point of view of your brains' innate natural survival responses... comfort is a safety factor,,
aside from enjoyment of the ride..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts