Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on buying a gopro very soon, but ther other day I put my iPod in the breast pocket of a lightweight jacket and noticed the ipod was just tall enough for the camera to stick up out of the pocket, so I tested it out. Because the pocket is on the left side, not super snug, and the leaning position on the bike, the view angle was down and to the left. In an attempt to correct that, I built this little cardboard contraption that holds the iPod snug, and also built it specifically to hold the iPod up in my armored jacket's breast pocket (it has a deeper pocket. The geometry of the box is designed to keep the camera facing up and center. I took the long way home from work to test it out. Right away I noticed that its a little unstable, as the camera angle changes throughout the video, but all in all I think it was a successful first attempt. The one downside is the tall narrow format of the iPods video, which makes it look like you're going about half as fast as you really are. Anyway, here's the video. I live in a town situated in a valley, so I went up the mountain and back down into town on my way home.
http://youtu.be/3g6Nppl1lR4

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Geesh Lyman..After reading above I expected much worse. This turned out pretty good (Much better that if I did it). There are toms of 300 R/F videos om YouTube. Perhaps message some of them to find out their gear. Good work!

·
Registered
172 Posts
it works cool, but if you plan to start uploading a lot to youtube, or motologging, you'll have to get a wider view, not to mention, the internet hates portrait view aha ill post a smaple of my gopro footage, as well as my setup!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it works cool, but if you plan to start uploading a lot to youtube, or motologging, you'll have to get a wider view, not to mention, the internet hates portrait view aha ill post a smaple of my gopro footage, as well as my setup!
Yeah I also don't like the portrait view. I'll be getting a gopro in a couple of days, but I'm not sure if I want to wear a chest mount or go with a helmet mount. I'd like to see your set up. I would like as close to p.o.v. As possible, but my current helmet I don't think will accommodate mounting on the chin directly in the center.

This thing was just something I threw together for fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts