Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a thread for discussing all things regarding FIM MotoGP, Moto2 & Moto3 racing.

The Honda NSF250R Factory Moto3 Race Bike...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So is this the bike that the CBR300 is based off of. Its basically the racing version of the CBR300, right?
No, these NSF250R's are pure race bikes (as is the current revised version, the RS250FW), and have virtually nothing in common with the CBR250R/300R production bike. When released in 2012, the NSF250R had a selling price of $28,600 USD. As an example of the differences in parts costs between the the two bikes, the aluminum swing arm used on the NSF250R sells for 345,600 Japanese Yen ($3346 USD). The steel box-section swing arm for the CBR250R/300R has an MSRP of $174 USD.

Here is the CBR250R/300R without bodywork...

This is the NSF250R/RS250FW without bodywork...

... and it's engine, producing 47.6 HP @ 13,000 RPM...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This coming weekend, is the second round of the 2014 MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 World Championships, at the Circuit of the Americas, in Austin, Texas.

Images from the 2013 event...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the reason for the huge rims?
Do you mean the wheel rim width on the MotoGP bikes? They have a lot of horsepower, and therefore need a lot of rubber on the road.

·
Registered
532 Posts
heres hoping marky mark will improve on Qatar, although beast that he is rode with no painkillers what so ever coming off that broken leg...

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just can't believe how badly he outruns the entire field. Him and Pedrosa both gapped the field at Texas but then Marquez went and ran away from Pedrosa. Ad he was using the harder rear compound....

But Moto2 is where its at. I love seeing the bikes trying to back themselves into corners, using their feet like the days of old school...Argentina starts tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just watched the Grand Prix of Argentina... pretty exciting stuff!!!

Honda's domination of MotoGP continued today, with Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa delivering a second consecutive 1-2 Honda/Repsol sweep. J. Lorenzo was 3rd and V. Rossi 4th on the factory Yamaha's.

Marc Marquez 3rd straight first place finish was significant in another respect... the last time a Grand Prix rider had won the first 3 events of a race season in a row, was some 40 years ago.

For those who are interested in watching televised coverage of MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 events, Fox Sports 1 provides coverage in the United States.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just watched the Grand Prix of Argentina... pretty exciting stuff!!!

Honda's domination of MotoGP continued today, with Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa delivering a second consecutive 1-2 Honda/Repsol sweep. J. Lorenzo was 3rd and V. Rossi 4th on the factory Yamaha's.

Marc Marquez 3rd straight first place finish was significant in another respect... the last time a Grand Prix rider had won the first 3 events of a race season in a row, was some 40 years ago.

For those who are interested in watching televised coverage of MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 events, Fox Sports 1 provides coverage in the United States.
Moto3 this weekend was absolutely UNREAL. KTM finished 1 and 3 and Honda took 2 and 4. Alex Marquex took second, he actually had a ridiculous ride. At one point he was down in 10th or 12th and rode it all the way to the top. The Hondas look good but I think the KTMs still have the outright pace. In all Honestly Moto 3 and 2 are becoming FAR more exciting to watch than GP. I mean at this point you just watch to see Marc throw his bike around the track :D

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... someone really needs to fix the freaking image formatting/auto resize on this forum
What's wrong with the image sizes?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Moto3 this weekend was absolutely UNREAL. KTM finished 1 and 3 and Honda took 2 and 4. Alex Marquex took second, he actually had a ridiculous ride. At one point he was down in 10th or 12th and rode it all the way to the top. The Hondas look good but I think the KTMs still have the outright pace. In all Honestly Moto 3 and 2 are becoming FAR more exciting to watch than GP. I mean at this point you just watch to see Marc throw his bike around the track :D

Vittoria Romano Fenati - Gp Argentina - YouTube
Says It's not allowed for viewing in my location, ****!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Says It's not allowed for viewing in my location, ****!
I'm in the U.S. and I can't view it either... seems that's an Italian YouTube site.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Moto3 in Jerez was even better than in Argentina! I love watching those little singles moving in packs, they sound like killer bees :D

Those hondas are getting faster and faster and faster. KTM's actually had no answer for them down the straight. Honda took 2 and 3 spots pushing miller off the podium for the first time all year.

Poor Rins though, he tried to sneak up inside Fenati on the last corner only to have Fenati cut back under him and then adding insult to injury vazquez out dragged him to the finish. Little guys ;)

1 - 20 of 156 Posts