Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I finally collected my new bike on Tuesday Afternoon. I had to wait for a couple of weeks due to the dealer having no stock of the Tricolour.
So far I am impressed with the bike and am trying to get used to it. Its very firm and the engine is tight. its incredibly light which makes it very manoeuvrable, compared with my last ride.
The seating position is very reminiscent of my old blade that i had back in 92 **** that's 20 years ago.
Still I'm looking forwards to many many miles of enjoyment. This will be my daily bike, so commuting, scratching and touring are on the cards.
Like some one said in another thread this could be a long lasting relationship.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello all I finally collected my new bike on Tuesday Afternoon. I had to wait for a couple of weeks due to the dealer having no stock of the Tricolour.
So far I am impressed with the bike and am trying to get used to it. Its very firm and the engine is tight. its incredibly light which makes it very manoeuvrable, compared with my last ride.
The seating position is very reminiscent of my old blade that i had back in 92 **** that's 20 years ago.
Still I'm looking forwards to many many miles of enjoyment. This will be my daily bike, so commuting, scratching and touring are on the cards.
Like some one said in another thread this could be a long lasting relationship.
Great to hear you have your CBR300R now :) .

I found my 300 firm and the engine tight too, but it's an impressive bike. I was very impressed with my CRF250LD, which encouraged me to look at the 300, which I thought could only be better :) .

My old 92 Blade goes on Saturday :( .

It's a great bike for scratching and I have been able to keep up with bigger bikes on runs. I've bought a rack but not fitted it yet. I want to do a long distance trip on it soon.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finaly got it

Thanks for that guys. So far I've done about 150 miles too and from work these past few days, I like the way it rides, very confidence inspiring, light, manoeuvrable and small.
I do concur with the complaint about the horn button placing, just where your thumb naturally lies. So I have to keep looking to find the indicator switch.
Why the change? having owned several Honda's over the years I thought the ergonomics of the switch gear was fine, everything just fell to hand with out searching.
perhaps where these bikes are made now they have longer thumbs which fit the switches.;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to hear you have your CBR300R now :) .

I found my 300 firm and the engine tight too, but it's an impressive bike. I was very impressed with my CRF250LD, which encouraged me to look at the 300, which I thought could only be better :) .

My old 92 Blade goes on Saturday :( .

It's a great bike for scratching and I have been able to keep up with bigger bikes on runs. I've bought a rack but not fitted it yet. I want to do a long distance trip on it soon.
Which rack did you get? I may fit one later if I can't find another way of attaching:eek: my roll bag>

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congrats, I bet you're excited!

Still hasn't worn off on me... :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for that guys. So far I've done about 150 miles too and from work these past few days, I like the way it rides, very confidence inspiring, light, manoeuvrable and small.
I do concur with the complaint about the horn button placing, just where your thumb naturally lies. So I have to keep looking to find the indicator switch.
Why the change? having owned several Honda's over the years I thought the ergonomics of the switch gear was fine, everything just fell to hand with out searching.
perhaps where these bikes are made now they have longer thumbs which fit the switches.;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I believe the switchgear positioning is down to legislation in Thailand. My CRF250LD is the same.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Which rack did you get? I may fit one later if I can't find another way of attaching:eek: my roll bag>
There's a link somewhere on this forum. It came from Thailand Andrews with the import duty and carriage worked out around £90. I can find the details if you need me to. I've not fitted mine yet.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scratching!

What is "scratching"? I'm a new rider and never heard that term.
Hi Bio the term scratching is an old biker phrase used here in England.
It relates to high speed frolics on the highways and by ways of leafy Britain.
Other words for the same thing are, Burning rubber, having a thrash, Bladdering, teararsing. and so on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe the switchgear positioning is down to legislation in Thailand. My CRF250LD is the same.....
Strange appendages these Thai folks have some of the women come with a little extra too!:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Hi Bio the term scratching is an old biker phrase used here in England.
It relates to high speed frolics on the highways and by ways of leafy Britain.
Other words for the same thing are, Burning rubber, having a thrash, Bladdering, teararsing. and so on.
I always wondered too whether it related to actually scratching some parts of the bike when cranked right over like foot pegs obviously or undercarriage etc.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It could well do Kiwi, it could well do. perhaps from the good old days of the Cafe racer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts