Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, brand new here, brand new to riding and I bought a 2015 Honda CBR300R. So far really enjoying it but I know the absolute minimum about bikes, so I was wondering if I could ask a few questions!

The bike was dropped once at about 25 mph and sold to a dealership. It has some scratches on the left and left front fairings, it's a little busted up on the front left but nothing serious. I don't know the best way of fixing this. I sanded it down to keep it looking at least as nice as possible.

How do people work with this kind of thing? I couldn't find fairings online because it's so new. I'm in the US right now. Do I get new fairings? Do I get it professionally painted? How does wrapping it work?

Sorry for the "newbie" beginner questions. Thanks a lot!

One thing I know is that I absolutely love the look of this bike, but I assume that's an unrealistic goal: http://tyga-performance.com/site/chrispics/nsr150sp-sidemodrs-e3cab125.jpg

It's the best looking street bike I have ever seen. I love the colors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome!
There are a couple of sites that sell the oem fairings. I think partszilla is one of them. You want to get oem fairings for replacements as they are cheap. Aftermarket fairings are kind of crazy priced and have to be bought in a set.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The cbr300r/cb300f's fairings are cheap from the dealership [$30-70 per piece]. Order the parts through your local dealership and install them yourself. Link is located below (hopefully it works).

By the way, keep the old fairings on until you sell the bike. This way if you drop the bike, you won't be damaging brand new fairings. Getting it professionally painted or wrapped will more than likely cost more. Also buying aftermarket pieces will devalue the bike.

Honda Motorcycle Parts, ATV Accessories | OEM Dirt Sport Bike Scooter Cruiser Touring Parts Off Road Motorcycles ATVs Starter Motors

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys so much! There is a one other piece on the back that broke as well but I'm not sure what it's called. It is right above the key slot for the seat and connects all the way to the fender. Just the left side broke off and is leaving the back plastics very slightly loose. Is there a way to find out what piece it is? I can take a picture if necessary.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this is the piece. I can't find it on that website. I'm sure it's there but I don't know what to look for. Is it part of the rear fender? If I got a fender eliminator, would it work without it? The first image is the piece that the second image is missing, with the yellow stripe across it.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Right now, this site Motosport, has all OEM body parts on sale 25% off. See if you can find it here maybe. I have not browsed it yet.

Save 25% on OEM Honda Motorcycle Parts | MotoSport
I just compared a random item from the Honda site to the site you proposed. A 300F gas tank on the Honda site costs around $250 while the cost of the gas tank on the site you proposed is around $350 (after 25% off). 25% off worth of b*llsh*t!

·
Registered
57 Posts
So this is the piece. I can't find it on that website. I'm sure it's there but I don't know what to look for. Is it part of the rear fender? If I got a fender eliminator, would it work without it? The first image is the piece that the second image is missing, with the yellow stripe across it.
You should be able to find the part you are looking for within this diagram. Link is directly below.
http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fi...=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2015&fveh=225582

Click on [Motorcycles] in the center of the screen, then [Honda], then [2015], then [cbr300r], and then from there you can find every part ever made. Link is directly below.
Honda OEM Parts | ATV, Motorcycle Scooter Dirt Bike Hondamatic Part Sales for Sport ATVs Cruiser Motorcycles Scooters Starter Motors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts