Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my CBR300R ABS last summer. I'd been without two wheeled riding since I had to sell my Yamaha 1100 V-Star in 2012. I'd started the summer looking at the local motorcycle dealership, and this 2017 (2 years old then) model - brand new - had been on the floor and the price dropped considerably. I'd been looking at the Honda Grom, or Kawi 125, but realized I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't cruise freeways. So this CBR just keep pulling my eyes to it. I had limited funds, but wanted new.

I wasn't able to test it, but I've owned a Honda Nighthawk S, and a Honda Elite (don't judge), and knew the quality, so I pulled the trigger. I also popped for a new jacket, helmet (I'm a confirmed full-face fella), gloves, and tank bag. So I was all ready to ride out the door.

Don't regret it for a second. Most fun I've ever had on a bike. I love owning a bike who's limits are NOT beyond mine. I can't hit 100 (well, maybe if I tucked way in, on a long straight road for a while...), but it's point-and-shoot most of the places I'm riding.

I wish Minnesota had lane sharing like California did - My time riding EVERYWHERE would be cut in half. But they don't and maybe I can help the legislature make it legal one day.

Till then, I'm happy with my 'barely above half-pint engine' with the fluid handling, beautiful bodywork, and great mileage.

If any brothers or sisters are in the Twin Cities area, send me a shout and we'll take a ride someday.

Patrick, and 'Ruby Rose'

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Hi Patrick, good to hear you've been enjoying your re-entry to motorcycling. What colour is Ruby Rose?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's stock redþbkack 2017 color. I asked friends for a name and my Aunt suggested Ruby. I love the actor Ruby Rose, so took that name.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Heya, welcome! I'm in the twin cities myself! Sold my 300F to a kid moving up from a Grom this spring tho.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Ride Safe and Enjoy
Heya, welcome! I'm in the twin cities myself! Sold my 300F to a kid moving up from a Grom this spring tho.
Z.. How are you liking your SV?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Ride Safe and Enjoy

Z.. How are you liking your SV?
It's pretty grand. Sitting at 3k miles now, been a bit too busy recently to ride much but I'm continuing to tinker with it and it keeps up well with other bikes till the extra-legal speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts