Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Freezing temps and occasional snow falls relented and the day temp peeked above the freezing mark yesterday. Took the CB for a shopping ride after work. Of course, not to the closest grocery store :) Logged about an hour of riding and 27.5 km distance. Not much, but enough to recharge the battery and keep on practising riding skills. There was some salt dust on the roads, so hopefully the CB won't complain.
The two shopping bags full of food stuff fit in the panniers nicely.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Nice one, you have to capitalise on those rideable winter days sometimes and clear the cobwebs out eh.
It's really warm here obviously being high summer but I'm happy to have a break from the bike after my long ride. I did give it a really good clean yst tho.
It was amazing how much crap sticks to your bike in 2K miles.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Kiwi..That poor thing probably feels neglected... I will have to report you to the N.Z.C.B.A. (New Zealand Clean Bike Association) :)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
225 Posts
Still have a couple more months until I can start commuting on mine again! :crying:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
May I ask why? Here where I am it is cold and snowy..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes I would like to know as well... stuck with this -30 weather for another month... and then probably -20/-15 weather next month.... (not including windchill lol)

I'm guesstimating, just like the weather channels lol .... I wonder if they will hire me?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
May I ask why? Here where I am it is cold and snowy..
Yes I would like to know as well... stuck with this -30 weather for another month... and then probably -20/-15 weather next month.... (not including windchill lol)

I'm guesstimating, just like the weather channels lol .... I wonder if they will hire me?
Southern Californians tend to look at anything below 70 F as too cold. Yes, I'm being serious. They have absolutely no conception of what real cold is.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
AAAAAAAH! OK..thanks Mike now I get it. It is all about your temperature tolerances.. of the region that you live in. If I lived in Arizona I would probably find it way to hot.

Reactions: TheDocktor40

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Southern Californians tend to look at anything below 70 F as too cold. Yes, I'm being serious. They have absolutely no conception of what real cold is.
70f (21c) is the middle of summer in the UK

·
Registered
156 Posts
AAAAAAAH! OK..thanks Mike now I get it. It is all about your temperature tolerances.. of the region that you live in. If I lived in Arizona I would probably find it way to hot.
This. Anything under 65F and I'm cold. Summer heat above 95F to many is too much but just fine to me.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Thats shorts and t shirt weather :D
Mark that's a little dangerous, if you had an off think of the skin you would loose.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Had my CBR250R out yesterday afternoon for the first ride of the year. We're having a bit of a warm spell here in Northern New Mexico... high of 55F yesterday afternoon, and the next couple days the highs are supposed to hit 60F.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm jealous as h e l l . :(

·
Banned
777 Posts
Over here winter is about the only time you can ride a bike comfortable.
A nice 72F today, though it does gets chilly in the 50s or 40s during the late evening.
Summer is thankfully still 4 months away, before the temps will exceed 90F again.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
A nice 72F today, though it does gets chilly in the 50s or 40s during the late evening.
Summer is thankfully still 4 months away, before the temps will exceed 90F again.
We get mid to upper 90F temps here in Northern New Mexico during the summer months, but it is a very dry desert heat. It's nowhere near as brutal as the swampy high humidity and heat of Florida.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
The State of Queensland in Australia has much the same sort of climate, I'm sure JNO & Youda and others Ive forgotten who live there would have some thoughts on biking in the QLD heat and humidity. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts