Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
To simplify it, the KTM is the best track bike and it's actually built for the track, the R3 and Ninja 300 are about tied for the best highway commuter (speeds over 70 mph) and the CBR300...actually the CB300F is the best city bike, but of course you can use any of them for any purpose.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure why they threw the SYM into the mix, seems a bit out of place in a 300cc + shoot out.

The dyno charts are always of interest for me. Will be good when the CBR is a twin cylinder and isnt at the bottom of the power stakes. The R3 has a full 10HP at the rear wheel over the CBR.
Hard to compete with that!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I took my mates RC390 for a spin two weeks ago and was very surprized. After reading all the stats and reviews I was really disappointed when I finally took one for a ride. The farings look and feel really cheap. The particular one I rode sounded like the tappets were going to rattle apart at idle. Yes it had more power than my CBR but it felt negligible and lets face it if I am not going to race it then when would I ever need it. In the end I felt happier with my bike after riding the rc390 than before it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Well Honda is definitely a better quality bike. Even though it has less HP and is considered an 'entry level' they have been in the business for decades n decades. The 1 good thing about ours being a single is the torque, though. Like AJ says it makes it good for city driving giving it that extra umph at the low end

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I must ask mikal... with a new aftermarket pipe (like yours) along with a K+N filter does the amount of low end torque diminish? And is there a big difference in top end power? (Stock EFI..no controller)..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts