Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought these flush mount LED front turn signals and another set of resistors. I had to drill out some of the plastic signal mounting plate behind the fairing so the turn signals were centered. These signals are the smallest of this type I could find and they are still a tight squeeze.

Resistors are 3.29 free shipping on Ebay

2pcs Motorcycle Turn Signal Indicator LED Load Resistor Flash Blinker Fix Error | eBay

Turn signals are 8.35 free shipping on Ebay

Motorcycle Universal Flush Mount 15 LED Turn Signals Light Indicators Amber 12V | eBay

The LED signals work just like the stock signals with the resistors installed. They are on all the time and blink when you turn the switch on L or R.

The signals are on but the headlight screws with the camera

I like these enough and I bought 2 other types that are similar but didn't fit because they were slightly too big. In any case I like them much better than stock but I am still open to either finding/fab something that looks more like if the factory decided to install flush mounts.

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Very sleek and tidy installation job. Are they legal in the US?
Like your bar-end mirror in the video, you can get 'CBR' embossed blanks for the old mirror mounts if you wish.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very sleek and tidy installation job. Are they legal in the US?
Like your bar-end mirror in the video, you can get 'CBR' embossed blanks for the old mirror mounts if you wish.
As far as I know you don't need any turn signals in my state, hand signals are enough.

I bought the mirrors on ebay after I saw one on your bike. I dismissed these mirrors before but I didn't realize you could mount the post in the side of the bar weight instead of on the end. ($15)

I have the "cbr" cover plates coming in the mail someday soon. I was going to post the mirror installation in a thread once they arrive because even though I thought it was easy, I could see how someone could make a job of it if they didn't know the technique for removing the OE barends and the insert. ($9)

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
I was going to post the mirror installation in a thread once they arrive because even though I thought it was easy, I could see how someone could make a job of it if they didn't know the technique for removing the OE barends.
That's a good idea rather than turn this into a bar-end mirror post. yeah those OEM bar-ends can be a pain to get out, I think they use loctite on the screw.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I could see how someone could make a job of it if they didn't know the technique for removing the OE barends and the insert. ($9)
What's the technique for removing the OEM barends? I was gonna be doing that soon. Were the OEM 300 barends difficult for some reason?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It looks like this would make it more difficult for someone in front of you to see your signaling? I'm assuming you do this just for styling, since this seems to greatly limit the amount of information you're passing forward.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like this would make it more difficult for someone in front of you to see your signaling? I'm assuming you do this just for styling, since this seems to greatly limit the amount of information you're passing forward.

I don't see the issue?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think there is a problem with the front signals being seen by traffic. Cars usually are to one side of the bike or the other but the flush mount signals can be seen from dead-on and way better than OE on the sides. The rear signals have more responsibility in my view than the front as far as safety goes. Except in the opposite case of when a turn signal is left on and the bike is going straight. Then the front signals become a safety factor

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think there is a problem with the front signals being seen by traffic. Cars usually are to one side of the bike or the other but the flush mount signals can be seen from dead-on and way better than OE on the sides. The rear signals have more responsibility in my view than the front as far as safety goes. Except in the opposite case of when a turn signal is left on and the bike is going straight. Then the front signals become a safety factor
I kinda I see your point. I don't believe anyone to the direct left-right of you needs to see the turn signals. It would be more important to me (driving in my car) to look in the rear view mirror and see if you're signaling to turn/lane change before I begin my turn. My concern with this setup is it would be very difficult from the driver in front of you to see if your signaling. The stock reflector design is very good at focusing that light to the driver in front of you.

I'm a beginner and I use my turn signals very often. Motorcycle lighting requirements seem to be decades behind automotive lighting. If I removed the front bulbs on my car and just used my mirrors side markers it would be very difficult to communicate the same information to drivers in front of me.

I'm kinda a stickler for good lighting and making my intentions clear to other drivers though. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Trying to revive this thread.

First, the original set that was posted from eBay are no longer available. The seller seems to have disappeared.

I can confirm that CBR250R flush mount kits do not work. They are not the right size in a variety of dimensions.

I've contacted Hotbodies, and a few other companies (some that have visited the forum) and they none of them have plans to produce a kit for our bike. They cite low demand/interest.

If you guys want parts for our bike, I would strongly recommend that we start emailing and contacting companies to show them that there is interest in getting parts for this bike. It's unfortunate that a bike that has seemingly high appeal across the world can't create a market for parts, especially for things that aren't compatible from the 250R.

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Yeah I tried to swap my aftermarket indicators off my old 250R onto the 300 but no go...
Ended up having to turn up some aluminium mounting plates on the lathe to sanwhich between the turn signal and the fairing.

Yes I've noticed that aftermarket parts for the 300 seem to be slow to appear on model lists considering the bike has been out for a year nearly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Trying to revive this thread.

First, the original set that was posted from eBay are no longer available. The seller seems to have disappeared.

I can confirm that CBR250R flush mount kits do not work. They are not the right size in a variety of dimensions.

I've contacted Hotbodies, and a few other companies (some that have visited the forum) and they none of them have plans to produce a kit for our bike. They cite low demand/interest.

If you guys want parts for our bike, I would strongly recommend that we start emailing and contacting companies to show them that there is interest in getting parts for this bike. It's unfortunate that a bike that has seemingly high appeal across the world can't create a market for parts, especially for things that aren't compatible from the 250R.
I agree. I still have a stock bike because of the lack of parts. any body in my area that needs a donor bike is more than welcome to use mine.
I shall keep watching with crossed fingers.

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Don't forget a lot of CBR250R parts fit the 300, tho some may need small modifications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the technique for removing the OEM barends? I was gonna be doing that soon. Were the OEM 300 barends difficult for some reason?
x2 Also curious to know how to go about this for when the time for me to do this comes up.
Heat them up and it and you will be able to unscrew the bar ends - then there's a clip to remove the bar weight / threading inside of the bar.. I cant recall which one but youtube search: removing bar ends on a Honda and there's a couple great videos

1 - 20 of 25 Posts