Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Um, it seems about right since it's suppose to be between those two marks, from what I remember. Could use some topping off, but I'll wait for a veteran member give a more confident answer.

Also, why does the fluid look clear? If I'm not mistaken, mine was a lighter brown... :confused:

Reactions: corb

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Um, it seems about right since it's suppose to be between those two marks, from what I remember. Could use some topping off, but I'll wait for a veteran member give a more confident answer.

Also, why does the fluid look clear? If I'm not mistaken, mine was a lighter brown... :confused:
I'm too young to be a veteran :laugh: but can confirm your oil level is all good.

My opinion on oil level is to keep it on the upper mark if you live in a hot climate and do a lot of city riding waiting at lights etc. These little motors only have 1500ml of oil to play with and there's no oil cooler either.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
C :laugh: but can confirm your oil level is all good.

My opinion on oil level is to keep it on the upper mark if you live in a hot climate and do a lot of city riding waiting at lights etc. These little motors only have 1500ml of oil to play with and there's no oil cooler either.
Yes but being liquid cooled if the cooling system is operating correctly... shouldn't the oil temp stay well with in parameters of operation? Without a oil cooler?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The oil level looks good to me.

Also, since motomike is a pretty busy guy, I'm going to go ahead and say for future reference, when posting question to follow up to a previous thread, it's good forum etiquette to post that question in the original thread.

By keeping threads concise and organized, it makes the forums a much better resource for us and others to search for topics, and find what we're looking for. As Moderator, Moto spends a lot of time moving/combining/organizing our threads to make this place great. It's likes defragmenting a hard drive.

Now that being said, good on you for changing your own oil, sorry to thread jack. This is actually a very entertaining thread.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Yes but being liquid cooled if the cooling system is operating correctly... shouldn't the oil temp stay well with in parameters of operation? Without a oil cooler?
In the ideal world yes, but Ive ridden in the heat of India and Thailand so know how hot a stationary bike can get idling in 30+ degree heat combined with high humidity. Some of the guys that live there may wish to comment on this more knowledgeable regarding the 300's ability to handle hot running.

My other thinking about filling it to the upper level when you change your oil is that if you get lazy and dont check it or have a minor leak you have a bit more time up your sleeve before it becomes an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts