Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been ecstatic about the stock foot pegs, but never so bothered by them that I could get around to doing anything about them. The solutions I’ve seen were too much money or bother. However, I now work at the Parts Counter at a Honda dealer, so if there’s a solution out there, it will find me. It found me. The CBR500R has previously used the same foot pegs as the 300, but for 2022 has changed to pegs more like the CBR600 uses. No other changes were made, so it’s a straight swap. But here’s the best thing—the pegs were barely over $20 CDN per side. When you see what Honda charges for some of their foot pegs, that seems like a clerical error. (I won’t annoy you by telling you how much they cost me after my employee discount. 😀) That price is for the peg alone, without the “curb feeler.” I didn’t feel the need for those; if that peg hits the ground on my 300, I have bigger problems. I filled the hole with a 6mm pan head screw. The part numbers are:

50665-MKN-D50 (LEFT)
50660-MKN-D50 (RIGHT)

Here are pics, which remind me I need to polish up those peg mount brackets:
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice find, thanks for sharing and including the part numbers!

I'm only a couple months into my cbr journey and already a little annoyed at how generally difficult it is to find Honda part numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Hey Dan, great to hear from you, been a while. You must have a few K's racked up on your bike now eh.
Way back in 2014 when I first joined this forum an Aussie member was putting CBR 600 pegs on his bike so a few of us got in on it just buying replica Chinese ones of ebay. Cheap as chips mod and made the bike look more 'sporty' lol.
Check out my trick self-drilled rear brake pedal in this peg shot: :giggle:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice find, thanks for sharing and including the part numbers!

I'm only a couple months into my cbr journey and already a little annoyed at how generally difficult it is to find Honda part numbers.
The parts fiche is online. Go to Ronnies Mail Order or Partzilla and you can see it and get part numbers. It can sometimes take a little digging to find what you want (and Honda often breaks things up unnecessarily, like foot pegs having a half dozen separate parts), but the numbers are there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dan, great to hear from you, been a while. You must have a few K's racked up on your bike now eh.
Way back in 2014 when I first joined this forum an Aussie member was putting CBR 600 pegs on his bike so a few of us got in on it just buying replica Chinese ones of ebay. Cheap as chips mod and made the bike look more 'sporty' lol.
Check out my trick self-drilled rear brake pedal in this peg shot: :giggle:

View attachment 35183
Only a little over 30,000 km. It’s a small island. 😁

I remember the 600 peg mod, and that was my eventual plan, but procrastination led me to this cheap and easy solution. Just had to wait for Honda to make it possible (and get my Parts Counter job). Nice to see that you still mingle with us lowly 300s when you’re riding a Tuono…

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, Dan!

My challenge was figuring out the decal colors. I needed a new middle cowl sticker and while I know my paint color is NH436 the sticker parts don't seem to be listed with that code.
Instead they are Type 3.
Took serious digging for me to figure that out and even the Partzilla support tech got it wrong.
Took time but I got there 🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts