Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Ive just installed these beasts to protect the chrome on my fork legs from stones bugs and the famous winter road salt here in blighty, the just bolt on, got them from a triumph accessory shop lol. 9 quid :D Now to find a radiator guard that doesn't cost the earth.

Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
They dont look too bad actually. Better look than the full gators. The price was right too :)

I wonder what model Triumph they were designed for or are they just a generic accessory type?

·
Registered
96 Posts
They dont look too bad actually. Better look than the full gaitors. The price was right too :)

I wonder what model Triumph they were designed for or are they just a generic accessory type?

they are standard on a Bonneville standard & se model

I replaced mine for gators, gators are standard on the Bonneville T100 model

ride safe

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They dont look too bad actually. Better look than the full gators. The price was right too :)

There just generic Triumph to fit many models, they do a great job, they cover the whole visible area of chrome plating.

Rad guards are silly here CBR300 R&G £54, CBR250 R&G £39, Im assuming they both the same, bloody silly prices.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Rad guards are silly here CBR300 R&G £54, CBR250 R&G £39, Im assuming they both the same, bloody silly prices.
Aint it grand how they charge 15 quid more for the identical 300 item :D

I think I saw something on the 250 site where they knocked something up cheaply from a material available at your local hardware store that looked acceptable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is on my 250.
The radiator guard is made from material that goes over house gutters to keep leaves out, sold at hardware stores. I don't remember the price either $3.00 or
$6.00 US.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is on my 250.
The radiator guard is made from material that goes over house gutters to keep leaves out, sold at hardware stores. I don't remember the price either $3.00 or
$6.00 US.

[/QUOTE

Thanks, any close ups of how it was made please :)

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
That's a good result for 6 quid! You could spray paint it black or grey/silver so it blends in more if you thought it needed it.
Props to old crony. That 250 site is a right old minefield of info. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts