Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any found a good quality set of CBR300R frame sliders? I am guessing the 250s would not fit. Anyone know? I am still getting used to the forum search. please for give. I have done many google searches and found two options. one was not very attractive and the other didn't mount where I would expect, lower and further back on the body.

thanks

kool-aide

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one out there adding frame sliders? OK, I will saw a story. I sometimes don't even want to speak the words frame sliders. so, my girlfriend never felt comfortable on her GS500F, dropped it three times. we talked about frame sliders. well, now that we are lovin the 300
Rs. she still thinks frame sliders would be nice. to keep them lookin good in case she drops it. we have a spot in our drive way that she still hasn't over come. well one day we were out on a group ride. checkin out the damage on a fellow riders R6 frame sliders. again my girlfriend and I talked about getting frame sliders, and all that. our fellow rider slide out on a road with a little extra dirt and little to hard on the turn. so we head out for our ride that day. would you know, two of our group riders are down on a turn. and here I come. son of a.....well I picked a straight line to go off road away from them. son of a.....who left all this mud and gravel here, oh no. yeah, front tire hit that mud, and well I am not sure where I went. one sever concussion later and some new body panels. lol....we are still talkin about frame sliders. Anyone out there searching for frame sliders? thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sato racing sells a not so cheap set. I told myself that they would be the first thing on my bike but I've still been dragging my feet. Maybe this is the wake up call I need!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I have their site book marked. I emailed them asking if the bike on the site was a 300. they said yes. I was hoping to see better photos of the sliders on the bike. the photos on the site are too close up for me. I am skeptical of how they mount on the bike and how much is protected. they seem too far back and to low, and can't tell where on the frame they mount. but, they are really the only ones out there right now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The issue with a lot of these revzilla frame sliders are that they are Universal Fit, so that the way they mount isn't necessarily optimal for our bike OR they don't have a clear way to mount to the bike at all.

What frame sliders have you seen already if any from brands other than mentioned here in this thread?

Revzilla seems to list a nice assortment of them:

2015 Honda CBR300R Parts & Accessories - RevZilla

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ride in a group with a Yamaha v-max. he has frame sliders from Sato Racing. Sato has frame sliders for the 250 and 300R. my guess is, because of where they mount it is a fit for both with no change. they don't poke out through the fairing, they mount lower. they said the photos on the site are of a 300R.

that is really the only set I have seen. there is one more set, but they look silly and I don't like the presentation of the web site. if you don' make an attractive and appealing web site. I don't have confidence in the company, :).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, and that is why I don't have a set right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So after recent 25 mph low side over the weekend. I just ordered some Oggy Knobs ($180 shipped) frame sliders to prevent anymore damage if lay down my 300 again. I'll post pics of them when I get them and installed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So after recent 25 mph low side over the weekend. I just ordered some Oggy Knobs ($180 shipped) frame sliders to prevent anymore damage if lay down my 300 again. I'll post pics of them when I get them and installed.
Hope you were OK, was it a 300R or F? How bad was the damage?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope you were OK, was it a 300R or F? How bad was the damage?
I'm good, no injuries. Had all my gear on, ATGATT! It was the 300R, fortunately NONE of my fairings got scratched. :D However my stock exhaust and bar end got scratched up. And bent to **** my rear brake lever. However it was fine to ride home. Got a new rear brake lever on order as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stator/Engine Case Sliders

Has anyone ever had exp with these types of sliders?

I see them being sold for the CBR250R around $50. I believe the Case covers are the same for both bikes. Seems like this would be a much more affordable option vs the frame sliders that are available at the moment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have been hunting around for some for a while too.

I found this today: MOTO911.com

Looks super easy to install but I would have prefer something shorter so it doesn't have a long lever arm, I presume based on where it mounts it has to be that long though :-/

I am a motorcycle noob, but I will be going to the track at some point this year (I haven't been able to avoid the temptation for any car I have owned so I doubt I will for the bike) and would like to have something.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been hunting around for some for a while too.

I found this today: MOTO911.com

Looks super easy to install but I would have prefer something shorter so it doesn't have a long lever arm, I presume based on where it mounts it has to be that long though :-/

I am a motorcycle noob, but I will be going to the track at some point this year (I haven't been able to avoid the temptation for any car I have owned so I doubt I will for the bike) and would like to have something.
I will probably order these in 2 weeks & try to install. Any tips for installing these?

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just ordered a set of the Shogun ones. For only $50 I figure it is work giving them a shot... Will post again once I have them.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts