Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Parts arrived a few days after ordering, everything looks legit and easy to install. The instructions did say to reference the factory manual for the torque specs for the bolt, which I don’t have… so I am trying to find the factory service manual (harder than I thought maybe because it is a new bike) before I attempt the install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to share. I got the Motive frame sliders mentioned earlier installed on my CB300F the other day and thought I'd put some pics up. They appear pretty solid, but I don't plan on testing them out any time soon. Definitely gives me a bit more confidence while riding though. Being that I live in Thailand, they were easier to get and I didn't need to have them shipped. Cost was 2100 baht ($64 USD) and they were nice enough to install them for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
K-Speed will install anything you buy there for free. Gives you some time to check out some of the Frankenstein bikes they have out front.
Oh that's good to know. I should mention that I didn't buy them from K-Speed in BKK, just one of their authorized resellers. So unfortunately no Frankenstein bikes to gawk at. :crying:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Parts arrived a few days after ordering, everything looks legit and easy to install. The instructions did say to reference the factory manual for the torque specs for the bolt, which I don’t have… so I am trying to find the factory service manual (harder than I thought maybe because it is a new bike) before I attempt the install.
any luck on this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
any luck on this?
Manual arrived today according to the tracking number, I realized the 300R manual is probably the same. Picked up a swingarm stand on sale for $25 over the weekend. Will give it a go after work today.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So it literally took me longer to get it on the swing arm stand and find the right sockets than install them lol. I could get used to this ease of access compared to a car.

I obviously don't plan on testing them, but they seem legit to me... not that I know much about bikes. Any specific questions you guys had?

I ended up leaving work late so it was kinda dark for the phone camera :-/ I can take specific/better pictures if you guys want them.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
So it literally took me longer to get it on the swing arm stand and find the right sockets than install them lol. I could get used to this ease of access compared to a car.

I obviously don't plan on testing them, but they seem legit to me... not that I know much about bikes. Any specific questions you guys had?

I ended up leaving work late so it was kinda dark for the phone camera :-/ I can take specific/better pictures if you guys want them.
Nice! I wish I had these. I dropped my bike today. Shoe string got caught on the passenger handles & my bike fell on me. Only thing scratched was the handlebar ( only the tip) & a small line on the exhaust. Nothing else seemed damaged. It was a pretty slow fall.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Wow thanks for the pictures I'm gonna order a set now. I've had so many close calls on my bike that I really feel like I need sliders before something bad happens. Can you list the torque spec too? Thanks dude

·
Registered
144 Posts
It is 33 ft-lbs. It is a torque striped bolt (assume that is because it is subject to vibration) but with the sliders installed you can’t strip the new bolt so I just checked it again after 150 miles and it was still at 33. I will just check it occasionally as that doesn’t that much longer that looking at the stripe. You could put some blue Loctite on if you wanted to be a bit lazier but don’t put the red stuff on unless you want to use a blowtorch to remove it :p

One thing not in the instructions that I did was have a jack up flush against the engine as I took the bolts out. Not enough to take weight off of the swingarm stand but just to keep the holes lined up as I did each bolt. Just make sure you do one side at a time like the instructions say!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I might consider trying to fit some LSL sliders that would normally go on a CB 500 F on my wife's CB 300 F in next week or two. Will let you know if it works out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to share. I got the Motive frame sliders mentioned earlier installed on my CB300F the other day and thought I'd put some pics up. They appear pretty solid, but I don't plan on testing them out any time soon. Definitely gives me a bit more confidence while riding though. Being that I live in Thailand, they were easier to get and I didn't need to have them shipped. Cost was 2100 baht ($64 USD) and they were nice enough to install them for free.
Thanks for the pictures. Did you notice whether they have them available in any other colors. I saw the red and see that is what you have.

My bike is black, and red is not the color scheme that I was looking to go with, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the Shogun frame sliders for the cb300f in Canada? Or anything that would work?

I purchased and installed these on my wife's bike.

I live in Nanaimo here and for pretty much everything I need for my Speed Triple or the CB300F I order from Bayside Performance based out of Vancouver. Even if the item is not listed on their website, just go to the main page, and look at the manufacturer list. If the company is on the list, call Kevin in parts and order it from him.

I have bought myriad of stuff from them; Pitbull stands, Dainese gear, Techspec tank grips/protector, travel luggage, Rizoma bits, and the list goes on. Very reasonable prices.

Excellent experience every single time.

Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories And Motorcycle Service In Vancouver BC Canada : Bayside Performance

By the way, the Shogun sliders are decent, they fit well and go on in about 2 seconds. I would have preferred something that looked nicer but the reality is function over form on a first bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sato CBR300R sliders won't work on the 300F

Sato racing sells a not so cheap set. I told myself that they would be the first thing on my bike but I've still been dragging my feet. Maybe this is the wake up call I need!
I like the look of the SATO stuff. Unfortunately, here is what they said about their sliders for the CBR300R vs the CB300F. (No Joy)

Our CBR300R Frame Sliders are not compatible with CB300F. Although the 2 models share a lot of parts, The fairings and front frame parts are different enough that our CBR300R Frame Sliders cannot be installed.

I think we might be getting sliders designed just for CB300F at some point in the future, so you may want to check back with us later this year.

Regards,

Matt Hall
Sato Racing Inc.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts