Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this thread is old but just wanted to share incase noobs like me wanted to put sliders on their baby. I finally pulled the trigger and bought an R&G No cut sliders and overall I'm very pleased with the looks!... I paid $200 and my bf installed it for about 45mins. I'll post pics later.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Oops, sorry.
I was looking for frame sliders, but they somehow got in the search results.

I wonder why a simple puck with a bolt through, should cost over $100?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wonder why a simple puck with a bolt through, should cost over $100?
Because, Mr. MeeLee, it is made with care specifically for your model of bike. And don't get any ideas about going to the hardware store and making your own, because it will cause your engine to fail and your motorcycle to break into a million pieces while you are riding on the highway. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know this thread is old but just wanted to share incase noobs like me wanted to put sliders on their baby. I finally pulled the trigger and bought an R&G No cut sliders and overall I'm very pleased with the looks!... I paid $200 and my bf installed it for about 45mins. I'll post pics later.
R&G Racing frame sliders are the best of the best. Most, if not all of of their stuff are race proven and the most solid. Not cheap however.
Honda CBR300R '14- Non Drill Aero Style Crash Protectors CP0375Bl CP0375WH

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the Sato Racing for the 300R(A) model. The install went well, and overall I'm happy - but not in a hurry to test them :)
I'm looking for a set of fame slider for my 2015cbr300ra as my wife low sided at stop while practicing yesterday. Luckily a he's ok and the bike too but bent the shift lever and some minor scratches on the mirror, turn signal and the passenger peg.

Considering the Shogun and R&G Racing or something is sturdy but will not break my bank.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ordered the these sliders from Revzilla, hope I can figure out the installation.

1) Shogun Frame Sliders
https://www.revzilla.com/product/shogun-frame-sliders-honda-cbr300r-2015-2017

2) Shogun Bar End Sliders
https://www.revzilla.com/product/shogun-bar-end-sliders-honda-cbr250r-cbr300r-cb300f

3) R&G Racing Front Axle Sliders
https://www.revzilla.com/product/rg-racing-front-axle-sliders-honda-cbr300r-cb300f-cbr250r

Will post some photos after installation of the quality and fit.

Also ordered aluminum Engine Case and Clutch Crash Sliders Protector from eBay as suggested by a friend from GTA Motorcycle Riders FB group.
Engine Case Stator Clutch Crash Sliders Protector For HONDA CBR300R CB300F NC51

Lastly considering the offset spool from R&G Racing
Honda CBR250R/CBR300R Offset Cotton Reels CR0039BK

But not many places have that, any suggestions for alternative?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the Sato Racing for the 300R(A) model. The install went well, and overall I'm happy - but not in a hurry to test them :)
Are the fairings have to be removed to install the sliders? I have purchased a set of the Shogun but could not take out the fairings last night when trying to install for my wife's.

Can you share some photos with your Sate Racing sliders?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ordered the these sliders from Revzilla, hope I can figure out the installation.

1) Shogun Frame Sliders
https://www.revzilla.com/product/shogun-frame-sliders-honda-cbr300r-2015-2017

2) Shogun Bar End Sliders
https://www.revzilla.com/product/shogun-bar-end-sliders-honda-cbr250r-cbr300r-cb300f

3) R&G Racing Front Axle Sliders
https://www.revzilla.com/product/rg-racing-front-axle-sliders-honda-cbr300r-cb300f-cbr250r

Will post some photos after installation of the quality and fit.

Also ordered aluminum Engine Case and Clutch Crash Sliders Protector from eBay as suggested by a friend from GTA Motorcycle Riders FB group.
Engine Case Stator Clutch Crash Sliders Protector For HONDA CBR300R CB300F NC51

Lastly considering the offset spool from R&G Racing
Honda CBR250R/CBR300R Offset Cotton Reels CR0039BK

But not many places have that, any suggestions for alternative?
Tried install the R&G Racing front axle sliders. The right side is perfect but could not fit the left side. After a few tries and found that the screw locations is too far out and does not have enough grip on the hex rod head.

Contacted Revzilla, they said this is a factory defect, there were other sets having the same issue. A credit of the full amount is provided right away for the next purchase. I have my friend in the States to order the parts for me to save the shipping, I guess this is why they did not give me a full refund. Anyway, I am disappointed of the product but very happy with Revzilla customer services.

A friend is coming over on Sunday to help install the sliders on this Sunday. Will post more photos when they are up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Tried install the R&G Racing front axle sliders. The right side is perfect but could not fit the left side. After a few tries and found that the screw locations is too far out and does not have enough grip on the hex rod head.

Contacted Revzilla, they said this is a factory defect, there were other sets having the same issue. A credit of the full amount is provided right away for the next purchase. I have my friend in the States to order the parts for me to save the shipping, I guess this is why they did not give me a full refund. Anyway, I am disappointed of the product but very happy with Revzilla customer services.

A friend is coming over on Sunday to help install the sliders on this Sunday. Will post more photos when they are up.
Looks like it needs a bit skimmed off the inside face in the lathe so that allen screw locates nicely on the head of the axle bolt. Pity we dont live in the same town so I could sort it out for you!

R&G need to get that sorted pronto rather than just keep on knowingly selling a defective product.
Thanks for the heads up, might save another member having the same issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like it needs a bit skimmed off the inside face in the lathe so that allen screw locates nicely on the head of the axle bolt. Pity we dont live in the same town so I could sort it out for you!

R&G need to get that sorted pronto rather than just keep on knowingly selling a defective product.
Thanks for the heads up, might save another member having the same issue.
There may be only a tiny bit can be skimmed off from the protector and that will not be enough meat from the hex head to have the screw securely installed.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts