Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day/night everyone!
i just purchased my first motorcycle, and im super excited to pick it up tomorrow! 2015 CB300FA in white... hope i dont lose it once it starts to snow :p
got my dad to help me haul the bike as i do NOT have my learners yet....
and i also got him to help me craft a DIY motorcycle chock out of 2x4 lumbers...
funny how i purchase a bike with no license lol. but this will justify me taking the class to get my learners this spring...
my helmet should be comming in this week also, and will need to make a quick trip to the can/us border to pick it up.

anyway, my reason for picking this bike is for the cheaper insurance rate...(i did my homework prior to getting the bike) secondly the style and mpg.
my first time riding was a lil ysr my neighbor had.... wiped out on it too, (F)braking while turning... first big bike i got to ride was a 750 gixxer.

so that pretty much sums up my riding experience lol, oh and got to do some trail riding with my buddy on his honda dirtbikes... Really fun ****!!!

anyhow, i hope to acquire some motorcycle knowlage from this forum.

ride safe ya'll
ill post pics soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! Ps you'll love a training course :)
thanks! took her for a rip around the block, my riding skills are very rusty lol.
i was having a hard time getting it into 1st, but then i remember reading in here to roll the bike a bit and it will pop into gear.

funny thing happened yesterday..... so i was trying to remove the seat... managed to get the rear to pop off... and now i was thinkin. "how do i get the main seat off?" i started prying from the front.... nope.. and after a couple hours i finally decided to take the bolts off. *brainfart*

its my first time... lol

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. This is IMHO a great place to learn about your bike so ask lots of questions AND try using the search feature cause alot of your answers will be found there. BTW white in that model is my favorite..only for us Canadians...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome - been spotting a plentiful of Canadians on board... Nice!

You said Winnie the who?

:laugh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the Forum. This is IMHO a great place to learn about your bike so ask lots of questions AND try using the search feature cause alot of your answers will be found there. BTW white in that model is my favorite..only for us Canadians...
well since you put it that way... i was curious as to what to use to clean the chain? and also what type of lube??? i read somewhere that using a brush with metal bristles will damage the rubber seal thingy on the chain??

"newb power lever is over 9000!!!!!!!"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so im just gonna add another rant... been waiting patiently for my helmet.... should reach its destination by tmw morning.
i ordered it from Jaffrom because of the free shipping within the US. So im gonna be making a mini road trip to pick it up at the border tomorrow morning.
i ordered a dual sport helmet made by AFX model FX45 7 in 1 transformable helmet, built in shades, in white to match my bike.
ive been trying to pull up reviews on the helmet but couldnt find much. so i will have to write my own review when i get to test it out!

gloves ordered from ebay, and contemplating on 2 jackets... both of which are high viz and black.....

also inquired on a clone akrapovic exhaust and fender eliminator from thailand.... my next choice would be a twobrothers tarmac... but too pricey....

anyhow, finally found a spot for her in my garage for hibernation. :)

2015 Pearl White CB300FA
5km on the clock

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Oh Man I'm jealous! Was shipment of exhaust from Thailand expensive? Any extra fees/duties?? Do you think it is a quality made exhaust?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
well since you put it that way... i was curious as to what to use to clean the chain? and also what type of lube??? i read somewhere that using a brush with metal bristles will damage the rubber seal thingy on the chain??

"newb power lever is over 9000!!!!!!!"
Myself I have use Kerosene to clean the O-Ring chain. Put some in a clean bucket and use a cheap paint brush or tooth brush..both are good. Let it dry over night and apply O-Ring chain lube...any well known brand will work fine
ask your dealer what they sell OR Canadian Tire will have some cheaper..but make sure it is for O- Ring chain lube.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome - been spotting a plentiful of Canadians on board... Nice!

You said Winnie the who?

:laugh:
Actually Fanatic.."Winnie The Poo " Was written by a English Soldier in WW 1

Christopher Milne had named his toy bear after Winnie, a Canadian black bear he often saw at London Zoo, and "Pooh", a swan they had met while on holiday. The bear cub was purchased from a hunter for $20 by Canadian Lieutenant Harry Colebourn in White River, Ontario, Canada, while en route to England during the First World War. He named the bear "Winnie" after his adopted hometown in Winnipeg, Manitoba. "Winnie" was surreptitiously brought to England with her owner, and gained unofficial recognition as The Fort Garry Horse regimental mascot. Colebourn left Winnie at the London Zoo while he and his unit were in France; after the war she was officially donated to the zoo, as she had become a much loved attraction there.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

Christopher Milne had named his toy bear after Winnie, a Canadian black bear he often saw at London Zoo, and "Pooh", a swan they had met while on holiday. The bear cub was purchased from a hunter for $20 by Canadian Lieutenant Harry Colebourn in White River, Ontario, Canada, while en route to England during the First World War. He named the bear "Winnie" after his adopted hometown in Winnipeg, Manitoba. "Winnie" was surreptitiously brought to England with her owner, and gained unofficial recognition as The Fort Garry Horse regimental mascot. Colebourn left Winnie at the London Zoo while he and his unit were in France; after the war she was officially donated to the zoo, as she had become a much loved attraction there.
Sir Paddington could understand and relate...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Sir Paddington could understand and relate...
so im just gonna add another rant... been waiting patiently for my helmet.... should reach its destination by tmw morning.
i ordered it from Jaffrom because of the free shipping within the US. So im gonna be making a mini road trip to pick it up at the border tomorrow morning.
i ordered a dual sport helmet made by AFX model FX45 7 in 1 transformable helmet, built in shades, in white to match my bike.
ive been trying to pull up reviews on the helmet but couldnt find much. so i will have to write my own review when i get to test it out!

gloves ordered from ebay, and contemplating on 2 jackets... both of which are high viz and black.....

also inquired on a clone akrapovic exhaust and fender eliminator from thailand.... my next choice would be a twobrothers tarmac... but too pricey....

anyhow, finally found a spot for her in my garage for hibernation. :)

2015 Pearl White CB300FA
5km on the clock
just wanted to correct myself... my helmet model is AFX FX55
picked it up yesterday and its pretty **** sick!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh Man I'm jealous! Was shipment of exhaust from Thailand expensive? Any extra fees/duties?? Do you think it is a quality made exhaust?
Dont worry, be happy!!
i have not yet confirmed my order for the exhaust, but i was quoted 5000 bhat just for shipping alone which works out to about 185 CAD.
i am unsure about duties.. most likely i will get taxed....
**(but its ok, cause i think you can claim a portion back... i know i can do this when ever i get taxed bringing in goods from US. there is a site you go to a claim)**
as for quality the pictures look nice...lol and thats all i can say...
ive tried watching sound clips and they sound pretty good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Myself I have use Kerosene to clean the O-Ring chain. Put some in a clean bucket and use a cheap paint brush or tooth brush..both are good. Let it dry over night and apply O-Ring chain lube...any well known brand will work fine
ask your dealer what they sell OR Canadian Tire will have some cheaper..but make sure it is for O- Ring chain lube.
how often are you suppose to clean the chain?? just whenever the gunk builds up? or weekly? biweekly? monthly?

i was going to order motul chain cleaner and lube and it came with a cool chain cleaning brush... but i think i will just check canadian tire instead.

thanks for the tips! i appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I would think that if you ride on dirt/dusty roads you would need to clean it more often (obviously). Sand is really deadly on chains/sprockets but if you are on pavement most of the time I would think cleaning twice a summer would be ok.

However perhaps in your owners manual will have a time/mileage schedule for cleaning..my self I have no manual...or bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts