Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much the front fairings are to replace?
Had a huge collision with a deer this morning & the front fairings are cracked/damage & the front mudguard heavily cracked too. Bike & I are both totally fine otherwise.

FYI 2 deer lunged out the undergrowth & I performed an emergency avoidance then the 3rd one jumped right into the front wheel/fairing leaving me very little chance to avoid it.
I kept the bike upright through a tankslapper & brought to a controlled stop; so only damage is cosmetic.

Thanks all! As it's only cosmetic I#m not going to claim on insurance as I don't want to lose any NCB again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Man you are lucky to get out of that unscathed. That could have been you in the road like that deer. ASAIK parts for these bikes are not that expensive at all. Do you think your bike's ABS helped you in this situation??? Also thank heavens for your riding skills not sure if I would have been able to come out of this as well as you did..

Reactions: thisberich

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man you are lucky to get out of that unscathed. That could have been you in the road like that deer. ASAIK parts for these bikes are not that expensive at all. Do you think your bike's ABS helped you in this situation??? Also thank heavens for your riding skills not sure if I would have been able to come out of this as well as you did..
Thanks for the kind words. Feel awful for the deer as there were three but I think going about 45-50mph it perished instantly upon impact.

I credit the bike's balance and planted weight. Also I credit my instructor who taught me how to ride a perfect emergency avoidance (required by law for UK test) and how to recover a tankslapper. I didn't touch the brake once until the bike was coming down to a controlled stop after impact.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
After you stoped..I hope you changed you underwear........:).......I would have had to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After you stoped..I hope you changed you underwear........:).......I would have had to.
Checked the electrics, engine, wheel alignment, tyres & horn. All okay. So made sure deer wasn't suffering and moved it off the road (without touching it) & rode to station & to work.
Cue a huge clean of my shoes, bike gear and hands/face to mask the smell lol :eek:.

Going down on black ice was scarier actually, as my previous 125 came down on top of me & permanently scarred my knee.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry to read about your close call. Well handles though. Tricky blighter's these deer. Congrats on putting into practice your instructor taught skills. I bet a car driver wouldn't have had a clue.
I have a right hand bar weight and screw going cheap if you need it.
Keep safe.:eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone know how much the front fairings are to replace?
Had a huge collision with a deer this morning & the front fairings are cracked/damage & the front mudguard heavily cracked too. Bike & I are both totally fine otherwise.

FYI 2 deer lunged out the undergrowth & I performed an emergency avoidance then the 3rd one jumped right into the front wheel/fairing leaving me very little chance to avoid it.
I kept the bike upright through a tankslapper & brought to a controlled stop; so only damage is cosmetic.

Thanks all! As it's only cosmetic I#m not going to claim on insurance as I don't want to lose any NCB again.

Sorry to hear of your mishap, but glad you are ok.

Use this link for part numbers and UK prices: 2015

I had a collision with a deer 7 years ago. It was dark and I didn't know what hit me. Not a pleasant experience. I fixed my bike too, a Yamaha XJR1300SP.

Doble's can hopefully get you the parts in stock early next week if they are in the UK.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Learn from this. Like kangaroos and many other forms of wildlife - where there's one, there is almost certainly another right behind it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update all: Insurance signed off the repairs & the parts are on the way from Honda. Not revealing the figure but it was between £2000 & £2500; enough to category D a motorbike here in the UK.
Don't know how long to arrive, but the main dealer I have a very good rep with will fix it within a day!

Almost a light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Update all: Insurance signed off the repairs & the parts are on the way from Honda. Not revealing the figure but it was between £2000 & £2500; enough to category D a motorbike here in the UK...
That seems very high, particularly considering the low cost of OEM replacement parts for these bikes.

Just curious, but why would the actual figure be a secret not to be revealed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts