Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch

Nick is a great author, and the book reads as if he is teaching you in person and not like a boring textbook. A lot of great information in this book. It really helped me as a beginner rider, but I'm sure it will help some experienced riders, as well.

Chapters:
1. The Chain's Weak Link
2. The Basics: Braking and Steering
3. The Eyes Have It
4. Steer That Thing
5. On the Gas
6. Brakes
7. All About Environment
8. Getting on Track
9. Urban Survival
10. Group Riding and the Pace

This book has some normal wear. Otherwise, it is in excellent condition. There are no tears, bent pages, pencil or pen marks, or highlighting.

Asking $20 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
im not sure on the rules of selling/buying on this forum, as i havent found a buying/selling section, !
Seems to be in the right section currently...

Bump. Price lowered. Want to sell this book so I can move onto my next book.
What's the next one going to be?

Reactions: richardc300

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sold! I highly recommend this book if you are thinking about it. I've recently skimmed Proficient Motorcycling at my local public library, and while it was extremely detailed, it was just so boring. I'll go through it eventually, but this book was a really fun, easy, and quick read.

What's the next one going to be?
My next book will be the latest edition of Total Control by Lee Parks, and it's on the way now!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sold! I highly recommend this book if you are thinking about it. I've recently skimmed Proficient Motorcycling at my local public library, and while it was extremely detailed, it was just so boring. I'll go through it eventually, but this book was a really fun, easy, and quick read.

My next book will be the latest edition of Total Control by Lee Parks, and it's on the way now!
Very awesome... I just got through reserving Twist of the Wrist Version One and Two at my local library as well. Will give them a shot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very awesome... I just got through reserving Twist of the Wrist Version One and Two at my local library as well. Will give them a shot.
I've read great things about those two books, but I've also read that they are written in some sort of old English type of writing. That kind of steered me towards more recent books.

Hopefully, Total Control will be a thorough and up-to-date guide to motorcycling/sport riding. I also want to pick up Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible. I find motorcycle suspension extremely interesting!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've read great things about those two books, but I've also read that they are written in some sort of old English type of writing. That kind of steered me towards more recent books.
That's believable. I've heard the first one is fairly old, and then the second one is a bit newer... If I can learn a thing or two from either, I'll be grateful.

Hopefully, Total Control will be a thorough and up-to-date guide to motorcycling/sport riding. I also want to pick up Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible. I find motorcycle suspension extremely interesting!
I'm all for reading material that captures one's mind. Anything other just makes me zone out, so I can understand.

:)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Slightly OT, the best non-fiction book I have read for the petrol-head was Niki Lauda's 'The Art and Technicalities of Grand Prix Driving' (1977).

I wish he would write a revised edition, based on today's cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts