Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member here!

I've done a few hundred miles on my new 2020 cb300r and only had to fill the tank twice.

Has anyone else had issues with the 'cage' inside the fuel cap? I'm assuming it's there to prevent the fuel pump going in too far but it means I have to dribble the fuel in or else it fills up and clicks the pump off

·
Registered
343 Posts
All Honda's have them and the smaller the tank the bigger the problem-when you stick the nozzle in turn it towards the rear of the tank this reduces the spray but you still have to go slow

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
22 Posts
All [modern] motorcycles have them. Hold the nozzel a tiny bit up and be very tender with the trigger. You'll find some of your local petrol stations have friendlier pumps than others. When you're done, carefully turn the nozzel upside down over the fill opening before pulling it away so the last drops of petrol don't end up on the paint of your tank. Be aware that that cage inside the tank is also a "Do not fill past this point" line. If you go above it, you risk fuel entering the tank's vent hose. I reset my Trip A odometer at each fill to get an idea of how many miles I can go comfortably on a tank. I'm able to safely do 200 miles (based on my 2017 CB300F), though I generally fill at 150 +. It's got a good-sized reserve after the E bar starts flashing. Enjoy your new bike. Keep the shiny side up / stay safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts