Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had I let my bike sit for a long time and gunk has built up that clogged fuel system. I changed out the fuel filter, sparkplug, gas, and fuel pump. When I installed new pump, bike would start up then cut off. It won't start back up until the next day but would die down on idle after 30 minutes or so. I thought the pump was bad so I bought another one. It did the same thing, started up briefly then shut off. The bike won't start up again until many hours have passed by. Im not sure if something is too hot or if pressures are too high that require it to sit for many hours before I can start it up.

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Looks like your engine gets flooded and you have to wait till the excess fuel evaporates. Cleaning the fuel injector might help.
You can use something like this:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have added carb or injector cleaners to my fuel regularly since around 2000 when my 1985 V8 Ford Thunderbird started stalling at stops after driving a distance at normal speeds. This car had an exhaust recirculation valve that opened at a specific speed and closed at a lower speed. This was an emissions control device. This car had a lot of miles on it and when the speed/rpm was lowered like coming to a stop, chunks of carbon would be coughed up from the exhaust and work their way to the EGR valve. The larger chunks would not pass the disc in the valve which opened or closed during its duty cycle. These would hold the disc open allowing exhaust gas into the engine and cause rough idle and stalling. After frequent tasks of removing and cleaning the carbon from the valve, I started adding these cleaning products to my fuel. It took a few tanks of gas with these cleaners to eliminate the problem. Since then, I've added these chemicals to my vehicles and no problems like this have occurred. The bikes only need 3 or 4 ounces added to their gas a couple of times a year. Cheap peace of mind. Chevron Techron is a common additive in the U.S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts