Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Full Synthetic Oil... It did make a difference

18K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  CanuckCBR300 
I have always felt happy using semi-synthetic oil and doing frequent changes, but recently did an oil and filter change on my CB300F using Shell Advance 4T 10w-40 100% synthetic. I've only put a couple of hundred kilometres on it since, and it may be the "placebo effect", but I swear it is much smoother and quieter than with semi-synthetic, especially at high revs. Here in Thailand it was only B280/litre, so an oil change of 1.5 litres + a filter is only B500 (about 15 US dollars) so why not!*

I'll be interested to see how it works out as I put more kilometres on it. ��

aargh man, I can't believe I Google Bike Blood before reading your post properly! Doh...

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
Are you guys sure that you are not British? All you talk about is the weather! ;-)

Reactions: Mike300r
Food for thought. I wonder if you are in Bangkok, Jim and can recommend the best Honda dealer for servicing in the city? I always get a changing experience when I get "Ceeby" serviced.
Sorry Matthew, but I can only recommend for Chiang Mai. Personally I like doing this myself anyway - it really is very simple, and always a reliable experience!

I should also add, I am now 2,500km since the switch to 100% synthetic Shell Advance and I can confitm that she sure runs smoother - the engine "sings" at high revs. No going back for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.