Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Houston, Texas and the heat is 103 today. I have my bike outside sitting in the sun for about 7 hours and I notices there was fluid coming out my drain hole (3 holes) I go down to smell it and see where it was coming from. It smelled like gas, is this normal?

I filled up the tank 2 days ago to the top while I was sitting on the bike to put more gas in the tank so I don't know if to much gas has to do with it. Help please

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I live in Houston, Texas and the heat is 103 today. I have my bike outside sitting in the sun for about 7 hours and I notices there was fluid coming out my drain hole (3 holes) I go down to smell it and see where it was coming from. It smelled like gas, is this normal?

I filled up the tank 2 days ago to the top while I was sitting on the bike to put more gas in the tank so I don't know if to much gas has to do with it. Help please
So you're saying it's coming from one of the vent hoses near the side stand? If so, it's likely due to the very full tank, and the high heat causing the gas to expand in the tank.

In the future don't fill it above the baffle plate, especially in hot temps. That way you'll have a little room in the tank for expansion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

So you're saying it's coming from one of the vet hoses near the side stand? If so, it's likely due to the very full tank, and the high heat causing the gas to expand in the tank.

In the future don't fill it above the baffle plate, especially in hot temps. That way you'll have a little room in the tank for expansion.

Thank you. I was scared for a moment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts