Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 300R, I’m disgusted with the gas cap. I wanted to install a grab handle similar to this.

So Without fabrication is there an option for this? I’d hate to have to pay someone to drill holes and get potential future water in my gas problem like my Suzuki bandit I used to have. Any advice?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Unless your bike has a hinged fuel cap and a corresponding outer flange that attaches to the tank... like is shown in your photo under those 5 screws.... I don't see how it could work.. It may somehow be done, but it may look like pooh on a white rag afterwards, with no way to cure any problems you've created without a new fuel tank.
Most aftermarket mods that require permanent attachment points are bike specific and use existing holes, brackets, bracing, etc., and do not alter the safety or cosmetics of the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh I’ve been trying to get my girlfriend to ride bikes. The 300 is too tall, but she likes to be on the back. my pillion training isn’t getting through to her. I guess this’ll just be my thing unless she actually decides to get one. Thanks man

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
eh I’ve been trying to get my girlfriend to ride bikes. The 300 is too tall, but she likes to be on the back. my pillion training isn’t getting through to her. I guess this’ll just be my thing unless she actually decides to get one. Thanks man
Pretty much, I've been down the same road and have seen riding buddies also try and get their girls involved in their passion. 90% of them were fails lol. One of them even bought his Mrs a Harley 883 which ended up being an expensive fail 😄.
They're either into it or they're not and it seems you can't change em...

Reactions: CBRico

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pretty much, I've been down the same road and have seen riding buddies also try and get their girls involved in their passion. 90% of them were fails lol. One of them even bought his Mrs a Harley 883 which ended up being an expensive fail 😄.
They're either into it or they're not and it seems you can't change em...
I’ll agree 100 percent. My wife has been into bikes our whole time together, and just as long I’ve been trying to get her out of them. Fast forward to this year and now I’m into them.. 😂

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine likes riding pillion, and sometimes I can get her to entertain her own scoot... But not in the cards for now. I will say, you don't necessarily know beforehand if it's a passion or not, rider or passenger, till that first ride...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts