Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil today and there was a strong smell of gasoline in my used oil. I've changed oil in lots of other bikes including my old CBR250R and did notice a little smell of gas but not like today. So I am wondering if this is normal to smell gas in my oil? Most of my riding is either high speed or 15 to 35 MPH in rush hour freeway traffic. I ride all year long and the air temp never gets below 40 degrees F but sometimes it goes above 105 F. Any thoughts?

By the way, who at Honda thought it is a good idea to take off the right side fairings to access one bolt for the oil filter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unless the oil appeared thin and runny with the capacity over full, I would trust but verify that all is ok. Before trying to start the bike you could remove the plug and check for gas in the cylinder. With fuel injection it's not like having a float that is going to stick and allow fuel to wash down the cylinder into the crank case. :) Check for leaks in the fuel system and if nothing is found I would not be too concerned. peek in the airbox and check for blow by if you want.

I'm not even going to insert some old mans' rant on eliminating petcocks here! :D

Peter

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
By the way, who at Honda thought it is a good idea to take off the right side fairings to access one bolt for the oil filter.
I dunno but they need taken out the back and given a good flogging!
I'm due another oil change, it's such an a.r.s.e. having to dick around with fairing as well.:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts