Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a Yoshimura R77 slip on exhaust and I couldn't be happier. Light weight,sounds and looks great and performs well. Also very affordable.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
What are some good aftermarket mufflers for a cbr300?

Ones that might make the 300 sound more like a 1000 lol
Its a subject that's been thrashed around a fair bit in different threads (hence some of the humorous replies!) but if you do a thread search on this site and also the 250R site [ Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums ] you will probably find enough different thoughts on the endless choice of mufflers to sink a ship. They will mostly be one-eyed tho because we all think ours sounds the best!
Just remember that the 250 has a shorter header pipe tho so mufflers made specifically for that model wont necessarily bolt straight on to your 300.
Youtube recordings done on mobile phones is not a good gauge of exhaust note either!
Good luck with your search for the '1000' sound :laugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering about the jokes lol

Thanks everyone! I was looking on youtube and found some of the older bikes 90's would have a aftermarket muffler and be a 250 and sound like a "1000". I'm assuming because they were made differently.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Possibly they were the four cylinder 250cc 'crotch rockets' of that era as they would be more likely to sound like a 1000cc inline four than a parallel twin or a single.
You'd still have to use a bit of imagination tho! Lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
The sound of the Tyga Performance exhausts is pretty awesome. It's pretty throaty and the price is great being a full exhaust around $300. Also Werkes should be coming out with their exhaust for the 300R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts