Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for an exhaust that's a little bit louder and lighter than stock. I was considering a slip-on but I'm worried about not having enough back pressure. Also I don't want to mess with the ecu or get a tune because it can void the warranty. So does anyone have any good suggestions on a budget friendly exhaust that is lighter and provides enough backpressure?

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
Howdy, unfortunately most of the cheaper exhausts are de-cats so you wont have the same back pressure, it will be considerably louder and will mess to a certain extent (depending on the brand) with your fueling.
Akrapovic for example make a lot of street legal aftermarket pipes (not for the CBR300R though) but they tend to be a lot more expensive than the 'for competition use only' slip ons that don't meet any noise or emission regs but most people just fit them anyways lol.
Generally aftermarket slip ons tend to make bikes run lean because the operating parameters of the O2 sensor are exceeded meaning the ECU can not fully compensate for the changes you've made. Fine if you dont mind a bit of fluffing on a light throttle around town or a few pops and bangs on decel. Personally I spend the extra $$ these days and get my bikes ECU flashed by a dyno tuner after fitting an after market full system or slip on. Not what you wanted to hear I know...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts