Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Canada has slashed prices on their remaining 300 R/F dealer stock.
Previously there was $500.00 off a CBR 300 R......now it has been doubled to $1000.00 off. Considering the difference in the $$ value between the CDN Dollar and the U.S. Dollar IMHO this is a steal. Used CBR 250 R's locally are for sale for around $3200 to $3500 for a low mileage bike in good shape.

Now a NEW 2015 CBR 300 R is offered (with discount) for $ $3699 (NON ABS) and a ABS model is $4199. Really inexpensive for a new ride...

CBR300R > Sport Bikes from Honda Canada

The CB 300 F (ABS only) is discounted to $4199 also..

CB300F > Naked Bikes and Street Fighters

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, the sales guy I was dealing with last year, told me to stop by our local motorcycle show on Friday for an unbelievable deal. :D I am bringing a cheque for a deposit just in case.
I am very surprised at Honda Canada not raising the prices and giving this kind of a discount, considering our dollar lost 30 cents in a year to US currency. $2600 USD for a quality brand new bike is beyond belief!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really..Why buy used? Are you thinking of another purchase?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Really..Why buy used? Are you thinking of another purchase?
It wouldn't be another purchase. I never got a bike. Tested a good bunch, though. You know the shape Alberta economy was last year (still IS, actually). So, I postponed a purchase just in case, even though my wife told me to go ahead and get a bike.

Well, now could be a time, as at this price it would be almost criminal not to buy one.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
That's a pretty sweet deal, a bit of a shame for you Laurie that you never got the heads up on that one from the sales guy.

When I ordered my 250R a couple of years back the sales guy held off (without telling me) as he heard there might be some discounting in the wind.
Sure as eggs they dropped the retail price by $1000 within a couple of weeks.
@Freezuch seize the day my friend :)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Honda Canada must be heavy on inventory to be offering those kind of discounts... can't buy them that cheap in the US.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is a good deal. But...

My 300RASE (ABS, demo model 100km, no freight/pdi) $4399 + taxes/omvic/etc = $5066 CAD

Current pricing (ABS, new) $4199 +freight/pdi/taxes/omvic/etc = ~ $5366 CAD

I got myself a smokin' deal! And full factory warrany too :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Woah. $2600 USD is a GREAT deal. If there wasn't a ton of red tape/expenses, that would be a really fun trip up there to pick one up and down through the US.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That is a good deal. But...

My 300RASE (ABS, demo model 100km, no freight/pdi) $4399 + taxes/omvic/etc = $5066 CAD

Current pricing (ABS, new) $4199 +freight/pdi/taxes/omvic/etc = ~ $5366 CAD

I got myself a smokin' deal! And full factory warrany too :)
When I bought mine (ABS Tri-Color) in early November the price was $4400 (CDN) plus sales tax (15%) + tire enviro fee...total $5100 (CDN) Out the door. No PDI.freight charge because they had the bike since late Fall 2014.

A fellow bought the 2013 CBR 250 R Repsol (new) the had in stock...$4000 plus tax.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woah. $2600 USD is a GREAT deal. If there wasn't a ton of red tape/expenses, that would be a really fun trip up there to pick one up and down through the US.
AND you would get that lovely White color (CB 300 F) and be the envy of all your friends.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It wouldn't be another purchase. I never got a bike. Tested a good bunch, though. You know the shape Alberta economy was last year (still IS, actually). So, I postponed a purchase just in case, even though my wife told me to go ahead and get a bike.

Well, now could be a time, as at this price it would be almost criminal not to buy one.
Opps! I did not know that. From your Avatar pic I thought you had one..

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Reactions: dsimmo

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
UK Discounts

Honda America still lists CBR 250 R's (2013)..so there must be lots of those left..

2013 CBR250R Overview - Honda Powersports

2015 CBR300R Overview - Honda Powersports (2015/2016 same price)

Mike..Do you think the 2015 CDN bikes are selling at a loss?
In the UK some dealers have discounted the cbr300r down to £3695 on the road, down from £4195 rrp although most of them are £3995. this includes sales tax, pdi, registration and road tax. Bargain at £3695 otr.
When I brought mine in Oct I got the price down to £3750 from £4195 after a lot of haggling. :( Thats one Honda dealer who won't be getting anymore business from me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honda Canada has slashed prices on their remaining 300 R/F dealer stock.
The CB 300 F (ABS only) is discounted to $4199 also.
I bought my 300F in October, 2015. The price then was $4199, too.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
... When I brought mine in Oct I got the price down to £3750 from £4195 after a lot of haggling. :( Thats one Honda dealer who won't be getting anymore business from me.
Everyone needs to pay the bills and make a living... motorcycle dealers (and their employees) are no exception. And when it comes to bikes at the lower end of the price range like these 300's, dealers don't have the luxury of a big gross profit margin to work with when negotiating a deal. Whereas on a bike with MSRP's of $10,000+ they do have more room to negotiate and still make some money.

When it's all said and done, I'd guess that a typical Honda dealer is doing well to make somewhere around $200 - $300 gross profit on one of these 300's. On a CBR600RR, it's likely closer to $1000 gross profit (ie. before any bills are paid).

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
That's the thing, by the time you'd get the bike back home you'll more than likely have spent most of the difference in travel expenses, customs fees, additional taxes, etc. And on top of all that, you'd have a new bike without factory warranty coverage.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts