Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last month or so I’ve checked out riders’ opinions on a number of forums, took a couple of test rides on different bikes, and quickly decided on a CB300F. Thought about a CBR300R for the wind protection, but the insurance was less for the 300F, and I prefer a more upright riding position.

Started riding motorbikes at the age of 60 (in 2008) with a ’96 Honda 750 Nighthawk. Had a variety of liter and 650 bikes since, culminating with a 2012 KLR650. Surprisingly fun to ride on paved roads, but my balance has deteriorated in the past few years and it was not pleasant to try and stay up on a tall heavy bike, especially on gravel. After another long day of riding logging roads I decided I needed to face reality and stop riding off pavement, give up motorbikes altogether, or perhaps try something lighter and lower. The CB300F seemed way too small when I first sat on it (I’m 6’2”, 230 lbs), but to my amazement it felt stable when riding, and was plenty fast enough for me. I found a 2015 CB300F only a few months old with 1927 miles on it (was used as a commuter), and the dealer was willing to give me a decent allowance for the KLR, so I made the trade.

Looking forward to sharing my experience with this bike, and gaining knowledge through the comments of folks on this forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Welcome along, enjoyed reading your background story. Sounds like you were a late starter, but better late than never!
Enjoy your new machine.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
As many have said before me..welcome. At least you have a motorcycle..at the moment I do not but I have had many in my past...good to have you here.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
We've got another courageous face on the bike! ;)

Welcome aboard, partner...

(Just don't surprise us and pop a wheelie on that bike of yours :p)

Reactions: autopilot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts