Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi aĺl.
I purchased a TriColor brand new yesterday.
I'm a first time bike owner....newbie rider...but old guy...55...lol.
I finished a Safety Course a week ago...and here I am!.
There is sooooo much information on these forums. It really helped with my buying decision.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum Avro, exciting times for you!
Its been interesting to observe how popular the CB/R 300 has been with us 'mature' riders. :D
It's great that you have found good info on here amongst the ramblings, rants and general speculation :laugh:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
WAHOO!!! Another Canadian....Only us older guys know what the Avro Arrow was......best in the world..at the time. WELCOME!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
That's why I mentioned that Kiwi..to educate about us great Canadians. There is more to us than just Hockey..and the Blue Jays (baseball)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi from NZ

Hi aĺl.
I purchased a TriColor brand new yesterday.
I'm a first time bike owner....newbie rider...but old guy...55...lol.
I finished a Safety Course a week ago...and here I am!.
There is sooooo much information on these forums. It really helped with my buying decision.
Welcome to the group , good choice a tri, us older riders buying a 300r, could it be a mid life crisis! !!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Just got back from my first real solo ride. Just me and my bike.....no other motorcycle friends to ride with. Wow....was I nervous. But that dissapeared within 5 mins and I enjoyed it. Motored around town here in moderate city traffic becoming more comfortable the more I rode. I am starting to get a feel for the bike....how the clutch feels.....best time to shift.....powerband.....brakes etc. It is becoming my bike......and I like that. Looking forward to more "becoming one with my machine."

2days and 170km on the bike. More tomorrow.

CDNHONDAR....Yeah...the Arrow was truly a magnificent aircraft. It's cancellation and gov't ordered destruction basically killed our being at the forefront of the aviation industry.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome to the forum Avro, exciting times for you!
Its been interesting to observe how popular the CB/R 300 has been with us 'mature' riders. :D
It's great that you have found good info on here amongst the ramblings, rants and general speculation :laugh:
I think Kiwi, that the target audience for this machine may well have missed the boat so to speak. too much enthusiasm and not enough experience to recognise a good bike.
After all when you have reached sex god status why do you need a big bike or fast car to show the world your inadequateness.

"Old guys rule, aged to perfection" :devil:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I think Kiwi, that the target audience for this machine may well have missed the boat so to speak. too much enthusiasm and not enough experience to recognise a good bike.
After all when you have reached sex god status why do you need a big bike or fast car to show the world your inadequateness.

"Old guys rule, aged to perfection" :devil:
Sex God Status!!!??? Jesus..that made me laugh....:devil:
Maybe someday I will visit my relatives in England and some of that will rub off on me.....(I hope!)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sex God Status!!!??? Jesus..that made me laugh....:devil:
Maybe someday I will visit my relatives in England and some of that will rub off on me.....(I hope!)
I know us Brits can have some quirky fetishes but I draw the line at "rubbing off" another chap. however "I'm happy to entertain". Oh **** done it again me and my big mouth, Oh bugger not more statements that can be misconstrued.;):eek::angel:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
**** it man ..you kill me!!!:laugh

Interesting how a word such as D A M N can be blocked...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ah the joys that can be had! Four nations divided by a common language. I love sneaking one past the American censors. Best not talk about ******* and peas, or rubbers or being pissed.;);)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts