Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hello Jaza! Your the first South African rider I've seen on here so welcome along. What are you riding? Are you up in the high part of South Africa or on the low lands? Either way your coming into the summer riding season like us here in NZ so enjoy that on your new machine. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If anyone can tell me how to post pics I'll upload of the old and new bikes and my baby only take out on weekends lol

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hey thanks kiwi, just bought a cbr300. Had a gsxr1000 k5 before.
Hello from Canada... You will see a big reduction in insurance costs and fuel costs for your new machine... great stuff!:)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome, and cool avatar.

To post pics, I'm sure there may be easier ways, but I normally save on my computer from my phone via email or maybe you can even use Photobucket?

Agreed, using the IPad can be a challenge... For me it is at least, especially since I'm not used to it.

I think I may have a clue, but what made you make the switch from the 1k to the 300?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
If anyone can tell me how to post pics I'll upload of the old and new bikes and my baby only take out on weekends lol
What I do is when I find a pic that I want either on a web site or from my stored pics..I right click on my mouse and a phrase will come up "save image as" and I save image to my "desk top".

On the "reply to thread" page of this Forum scroll down to "Additional Options" and a bit further down you will see a Red Icon that reads "Manage Attachments"

Click "Manage Attachments" and follow prompts ...to post pic (From my "desk top") then I delete my "Desk Top"pic.

Clear as mud right?

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I was going to delete post # 8 cause Kiwi found a better explanation...but since it got "liked' I will leave it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Big Hello from England. We are becoming a truly international band of brothers and sisters. I think we have created a monster.:laugh:
Contrary to a few Press People and various others that contribute on the web...... Honda created this little Monster....Baby Blade CBR 300 R/ CB 300 F. We as a group were just to SMART not to believe everything we read in the magazines and on the web about our little "Jewel"....;)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome, and cool avatar.

To post pics, I'm sure there may be easier ways, but I normally save on my computer from my phone via email or maybe you can even use Photobucket?

Agreed, using the IPad can be a challenge... For me it is at least, especially since I'm not used to it.

I think I may have a clue, but what made you make the switch from the 1k to the 300?
I sold the 1k about 2 years ago, i was getting out of hand with it and one to many close calls, needless to say my mate that bought it never relized this so now she is stuffed (the bike that is) lol
Im busy fixing it and ill post pics if anyone is intrested in following the build.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I must say the 300 is fun but just a tad to slow :) i miss the 1k and the mindblowing insane speed, but the main reason was to save fuel. the 135 is just way to thirsty for daily driving. Thanks to everyone for the welcome, thats another reason why i would give my left ... to live in the US. clubs and things here are boring and the meets are more a waste of time and fuel.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I sold the 1k about 2 years ago, i was getting out of hand with it and one to many close calls, needless to say my mate that bought it never relized this so now she is stuffed (the bike that is) lol
Im busy fixing it and ill post pics if anyone is intrested in following the build.
I must say the 300 is fun but just a tad to slow :) i miss the 1k and the mindblowing insane speed, but the main reason was to save fuel. the 135 is just way to thirsty for daily driving. Thanks to everyone for the welcome, thats another reason why i would give my left ... to live in the US. clubs and things here are boring and the meets are more a waste of time and fuel.
Looks like you knew what you had to do.

The 300 may feel a bit down on power when it comes to getting up to higher speeds faster, however it's a blast everywhere else and is more than enough bike in many ways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts