Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fitted my H2C stainless steel radiator guard this afternoon.

Reactions: mikal and CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice, watch the rad temps if (lol) we have a hot summer, looks like it covers over half the surface area.
Looks good though.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Looks Great Bro!
Painted mine with High Heat Rustoleum Black
mikal..because the guard is chrome..did you ruff it up so the paint will adhere
??

Reactions: mikal

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, watch the rad temps if (lol) we have a hot summer, looks like it covers over half the surface area.
Looks good though.
Mark: When fitted it stands about 1inch away from the rad so plenty of airflow. Hot weather shouldn't affect it as it was made by Honda in Thailand specifically for the CBR300.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice Rad guard!..

I cant find H2C home site for the cover.. Do you mind sharing where you got the cover from?

Thank you
I got it from MotorbikeParts UK. in Folkestone, Kent. UK. Model number (H2C) APK3319010TA
It is a genuine Honda Stainless Steel one. Same place I got my rear carrier rack from.
Link to Manufacturer: E Catalogue of A.P. HONDA CO., LTD
Hope that helps but not sure where you are from.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Mark: When fitted it stands about 1inch away from the rad so plenty of airflow. Hot weather shouldn't affect it as it was made by Honda in Thailand specifically for the CBR300.
Mine is the same. It connects to the top bolt that holds the radiator on and then has 2 'arms' underneath that slide over the poles that the radiator sets on with rubber mounts. It stand about 1" inch away from the actual radiator. Plenty of air flow. Not to mention we have an electric radiator fan. It wont overheat

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I got it from MotorbikeParts UK. in Folkestone, Kent. UK. Model number (H2C) APK3319010TA
It is a genuine Honda Stainless Steel one. Same place I got my rear carrier rack from.
Link to Manufacturer: E Catalogue of A.P. HONDA CO., LTD
Hope that helps but not sure where you are from.
I checked out that website, how can you find anything on there? It's so confusing. BTW can I ask how much yours cost?

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked out that website, how can you find anything on there? It's so confusing. BTW can I ask how much yours cost?
Mikal: I put the company who made it for reference only to confirm it was made by/for Honda Thailand. If you contact you nearest Honda dealer with the part number APK3319010TA they should be able to order/source it for you. None on ebay anymore at the mo. mine cost £39.00 delivered.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good, being out in Thailand, I think I'll pop to my dealer and get one, free fitting here of course..
Nice one, They are made/sold by H2C (Honda) in Bangkok.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
mikal..because the guard is chrome..did you ruff it up so the paint will adhere
??
Again since this older thread was revived, I saw your questions so I wanted to update.
The High Heat Rustoleum paint (over chromed aluminum) has no chips in it at all, looks perfect. Also, being summer the weather is around 90-94ish and 90% humidity daily now. My temp gauge is still reading perfect, 3 bars and obviously warms up fast. I also lowered the front end over a week ago so the airflow around the front end has diminished quite a bit but still has not affected my temp. gauge. I don't know how many degrees are equal to each bar on the gauge though. Maybe they allow 20* or 50* for each bar, no clue. I have my eye on a gauge that would show temp and volts. Both things I'd like to know.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Looks good! One question...On the top of the guard, I see the mounting hole and bolt goes straight in. On the bike doesn't the bolt that holds the radiator on go horizontally? It goes in on the right side and screws in. My guard top mounting hole is sideways and uses the radiator mounting bolt and hole. What did you screw that bolt into?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I noticed the difference in the upper mounting bracket too. Maybe it has something to do with his bike being manufactured for the Asian market?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took out an existing M6 bolt, I have to check that again tomorrow, (it's dark right now), but I think it was just holding a bracket for the ABS sensor cable.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I took out an existing M6 bolt, I have to check that again tomorrow, (it's dark right now), but I think it was just holding a bracket for the ABS sensor cable.
That makes sense... so H2C must have two different versions of this Radiator Guard, one for the non-ABS model (without the sensor cable bracket), and one made specifically for the ABS model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts