Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my fairings off the bike on the wkd doing some work and happened to stand back and think 'hey that doesn't look too bad like that'.

Kinda like what they used to call a half fairing a few years back. A good amount of wind protection yet still being able to see a bit of motor.

Any other thoughts on this look?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Sorry, but to me it just looks like a sport bike that is missing some cowls.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, but to me it just looks like a sport bike that is missing some cowls.
Ha! Fair enough. I reckon if it had a small section of red panel below the headlights that went back and attached to the main frame it would look more finished.
Bit like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree something like that Suzuki would make it look more finished. I do like how it makes the headlights look meaner!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ha! Fair enough. I reckon if it had a small section of red panel below the headlights that went back and attached to the main frame it would look more finished.
Bit like this:

The SV650s was the first thing to come to my mind when I saw that picture. I figure it's impossible to jimmy up some 300f pieces to fit where the fairing was supposed to go... I wonder if someone can photoshop that!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Makes me wish the 300f was truly naked.I'd love to be able to ditch all the black/carbon fibre plastic on the bike but it leaves silly looking mounting points exposed.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeaaa love those SV650's with the half fairing, didn't the bigger SV1000 offer both half and full fairings?
Yep, but it looks best with the half fairing IMO.
I'm lookin at the SV650 as a potential track bike to race in the Formula 3 class (4 cylinder up to 400cc and twins to 650cc), they seem to go quite well and have a motor that can take a bit of punishment!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yep, but it looks best with the half fairing IMO.
I'm lookin at the SV650 as a potential track bike to race in the Formula 3 class (4 cylinder up to 400cc and twins to 650cc), they seem to go quite well and have a motor that can take a bit of punishment!
Will you do the Gixxer front end swap, buddy of mine at work set his up that way... can't recall what he did in the rear...

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not thinkin about it too hard at this stage as I may end up with a 400 yet. Quite keen on getting a pre '89 400 that would be eligible to race in the 'classic' class as well. Have always liked the VFR/RVF 400's.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've never owned an SV650, but judging from the number of older ones still around, they are a real workhorse. The one in the photo looks very nice. I've often thought if I could just have 1 bike for everything, it would be something like the SV650. I've had good luck with Suzukis. My first bike was a 2-stroke TS185 back in 1974. Wish I still had it.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My first bike was a 2-stroke TS185 back in 1974. Wish I still had it.
Ha! someone else who started off on a chook chaser.
I kicked off on a 1977 Honda CT125 farm bike. Funny, thinkin back on it now - I stripped that bike right back and tried to turn it into something faster than it was in standard trim. So not much has changed really in the intervening years!
Have included pic of the mighty TS for benefit of younger members.. and maybe a bit of reminiscing! :D

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts