Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Has anyone actually put a 250r slip on exhaust onto their 300r?

9K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  kiwi rider 
#1 ·
I've read a lot of rumors that the cbr250r slip-on exhausts will fit on a cbr300r. However, I haven't seen anyone actually report that they've done this.

Has anyone actually put a 250r slip-on onto a 300r?

I know the basic arguments against bargain hunting or even getting an exhaust at all, but I'm hoping someone can give a definitive answer

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Anything's possible - But it's hard for me to believe that anyone would replace the 300's exhaust with a 250's. I think it's universally agreed that most folks feel the stock 250 exhaust looks very unappealing.

If anything, I could see 250R owners switching to a 300R exhaust, however I hear that many owners make the switch to an aftermarket option.

Maybe we'll find some better answers as additional members chime in. Interesting question though...

#4 ·
op question seems to be re aftermarket slip ons
sold to fit cbr250r, and fitting one to cbr300r..

musarri list their slip on to fit cbr250 and 300r
various other components, tail tidies
yoshi rear set brackets etc, fit both
variations of this model..
I stand corrected, my bad...

#5 ·
Big feeling of deja vu on this question cos Ive answered it many times before....
No, 250 slip ons do not fit exactly right on a 300 cos the header pipe is 4 inches longer on the 300.
So... you either chop 4 inches off (as I did) or you get a shorter mid pipe bent up.
Thank you, your welcome. :laugh:

#6 ·
Apologize if this has been asked before...

From what I understand, aftermarket exhausts for the CBR250R will not fit the CBR300R because the header pipe is longer. However, what about full exhausts designed for the 250R? For example, could you hook up the Leo Vince Corsa full exhaust that was made for the CBR250R up to the CBR300R? Basically, if the frame is the same, are the exhaust mounting points/clearances the same?

#8 ·
Apologize if this has been asked before...

From what I understand, aftermarket exhausts for the CBR250R will not fit the CBR300R because the header pipe is longer. However, what about full exhausts designed for the 250R? For example, could you hook up the Leo Vince Corsa full exhaust that was made for the CBR250R up to the CBR300R? Basically, if the frame is the same, are the exhaust mounting points/clearances the same?
One issue you'd run into is that the O2 sensor on the CBR250R is mounted in the exhaust port of the cylinder head, whereas the CBR300R has it's O2 sensor mounted onto the header pipe. So if you can come up with a workaround for that issue*, you shouldn't have any other problems installing an aftermarket full system made for the 250R onto a 300R.

* The easiest solution might be to drill a hole into the aftermarket header pipe (at the same location as were the O2 sensor mounts on the stock 300R header), and weld a nut of the correct size to mount the O2 sensor onto.

#7 ·
If they have an exhaust mount similar to picture below, the slip on might stick back a little (and not perfectly centered; like in pic):

Considering that these slip ons usually handle less air pressure, I'd probably rather install a 500cc slipon than a 250cc.

#10 ·
So I took the plunge and purchased a Delkelvic header pipe off a Cbr250. Looks like they mount at the same location. I'm thinking all I would have to do is drill a hole for the grounding bolt and I don't need to worry about the O2 sensor because mines already deleted with the EJK. I'm looking forward to the fit because I really want run the M4 lower mounted exhaust off the CBR250.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
#16 ·
So my delkelvic CBR 250 midpipe came in. Perfect fit, the only thing you have to do is drill a spot to ground the bike. So now you can run any CBR 250 exhaust if you like.
I'm a bit confused (some would say easily done :D) I can see a nice new shining header pipe in your photo, not a mid pipe..

Are you now going to buy a 250R slip on (that usually comes with a mid pipe) and plumb it in to the end of that new header pipe which will be 4" shorter than the CBR300 one of course, or are you doing something else?

Either way it is handy to know that the rear mounting point for the header on the 300 & 250 frames is the same.

#19 ·
The guts of this thread is that you can if you get/have the CBR250 header pipe as well. The whole problem is that the two bikes run different header pipes.
I got a 250R Delkevic muffler to fit on my 300R but I had to chop four inches off the 300R header pipe and afterwards the angle of the remaining header pipe was slightly wrong for the 250R slip on so no matter which way I turned the mid pipe I could not get the muffler to sit quite right on the bike. I needed a custom made mid pipe to sort the issue but never bothered.