Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a set of Oxford heated grips and Tusk bark buster covers so the wife doesn't freeze. Wasn't real easy to do. After cutting off factory grips I had to file down the end of the throttle plastic and cut the little plastic bumps off the throttle. I thought that side was hard but then on the clutch side I had to file the bar down to get the grip on. The heated grips have a plastic sleeves inside them and don't stretch. Was a lot of effort but man things things are nice. On high they get really warm. They have 5 settings and I'd say half way is all you'd ever need. The Tusk covers don't look all that great but they really block all the wind so who cares. The only problem with the grips is they say "oxford" on them and it's upside down. Makes you wonder. Might have to get a set for my KLR but I'll have to forget how much of a pain it was to put them on the CB300F first.
PS: Didn't get a good pic of the controller but you can see the edge of it in the pic of the left grip below.
Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Car Bumper

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One small problem popped up after test ride. The throttle now rubs on the bar end weight causing the throttle not to return easy. You can trim off the end of the grip to solve the problem but I didn't want to do that so I took off the bar end weight and put a bolt through it with a nut on the end allowing the bolt to stick out and mounted it in a drill. Put drill in vise and locked speed on high. Used file while spinning to relieve bar end weight so the is now clearance. Problem solved. :laugh:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Going off of your response it seems like they didn't think through it well enough, but at least you were still able to remedy the downfall of it.

What other gear are you using to stay warm?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going off of your response it seems like they didn't think through it well enough, but at least you were still able to remedy the downfall of it.

What other gear are you using to stay warm?
Seems like you have to work with anything you ever buy to make it work.

Wife rides the CB with Oxford heated grips and she wears a Gerbing heated jacket liner controlled by thermostat. Then riding pants and a jacket both with liners, neck scarf and long underwear. Bike has muffs over the grips to block wind.

I ride KLR with a Gerbing heated jacket liner, heated socks and heated gloves. All controlled by thermostat. Lined riding pants, jacket with liner, neck scarf and long underwear. Bike has muffs over the grips as well. KLR blocks more wind than the CB does.

Wife also has socks by doesn't ever wear them and doesn't like bulky heated gloves so she sold them.

I rode 200 miles one day when it was 27 degrees.

I love the gerbing stuff but the company got bought out and are hard to deal with now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts