Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Please join and like my page!!

I will build a full 2014 CBR 300r Race Bike to race at this years Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in the Lightweight Class.

This will be the first in the world to race up the mountain in what is the 2nd oldest race in the US.

Follow me as I will document everything from the start and until race day!!

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

Thank you for visiting!!

Edgar E

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hello,

Please join and like my page!!

I will build a full 2014 CBR 300r Race Bike to race at this years Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in the Lightweight Class.

This will be the first in the world to race up the mountain in what is the 2nd oldest race in the US.

Follow me as I will document everything from the start and until race day!!

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

Thank you for visiting!!

Edgar E
Very cool. I'll be paying attention to see what happens as you prepare. Are you sponsored or something? I imagine that you can't just sign up if you want to.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pikes peak is beauty! Do you know if they paved the last little bit of gravel at the top that took that mans life at last years event?

Subscribed, good luck!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Interesting in seeing what modifications you have planned for, hope things are going well so far, keep us posted! :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Every time I hear the word racing, my blood boils and I get tempted to find a way to compete and join in on the excitement... And then the part comes where I look at my bank account... And I decide to go back to focusing on my standard working life, lol.

Good luck, and welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Every time I hear the word racing, my blood boils and I get tempted to find a way to compete and join in on the excitement... And then the part comes where I look at my bank account... And I decide to go back to focusing on my standard working life, lol
Not sure whats available to you locally Fanatic but the nearest circuit to me run a 'Have a go' class at most meets where guys can rock up and ride the track on their street legal sports bikes. For a fee of course, but its not crazy money.
No grid starts either, just circulating at your own pace... but usually you get someone in your sights... :D
Great fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Racing a CBR 300r at this years Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

Currently in the beginning of the build and will be documenting all mods and efforts towards this event.

Thanks to Honda, THR, SPIDI, Ohlins, Dunlop and Headcamz this will be a reality!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not sure whats available to you locally Fanatic but the nearest circuit to me run a 'Have a go' class at most meets where guys can rock up and ride the track on their street legal sports bikes. For a fee of course, but its not crazy money.
No grid starts either, just circulating at your own pace... but usually you get someone in your sights... :D
Great fun.
Definitely would love to try this locally. I'm confident I have events as close as an hour or so away. Marked on schedule for the future...

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 10 of 10 Posts