Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone - thanks for running this forum - it seems like a great owner resource!

I live in Toronto and have been riding Vespas for the last 5 years or so. My wife recently got her license, and is more interested in "traditional" motorcycles.

A clean 2017 CB300F was available locally. The bike's not running, and the PO says it's because it's been parked for a couple if years. I like to do my own maintenance, so we took a chance and bought the bike!

I've been through the usual things and can't get it to run, so hopefully I can get some help.

Anyways, for now I just wanted to introduce myself here and will post about the bike's issues separately. Thanks for having me!

·
Premium Member
5,545 Posts
Welcome to the site. Fire away with any questions, there's a slim chance we may be of use :giggle:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hope to hear you get it running soon! That's a bit out of my skillset.. I like it when there's one problem.. and I know what it is. :whistle:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I resurrected my late brothers GS1000E Suzuki which had set in a flooded garage for many, many years. Simply draining the gas tank and float bowls and re-filling with fresh gasoline along with new battery, spark plugs, oil and filter and air filter got it fired up. The simple things like this have worked for me a few times in the past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately, the engine looks to be damaged. Not surprising it wouldn't start, and not a quick fix! :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts