Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2015 CB300F. As far as I can tell, there is no specific forum for the CB300F, but is this as close as it gets?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I should add that I'm not new to motorcycles. I had a 2006 Honda 599 previously. I know it seems backwards to go from a 600 to a 300, but for the kind of riding I do the 300 suits me fine.

I wish I could talk about the ride more, but I have been on the bike a total of one time. As soon as I bought the bike of course we would get the first snow after two months of good weather :/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same here on the snow.There is alot of us seasoned riders.I have been riding
nearly 40 years including the dirt.Very fun bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To answer your question: Yes. But it is a good forum.

Welcome. I hope your weather moderates and allows you to ride again soon. Some beautiful country you have to ride in that area!

Peter

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Welcome from Down Under. I went from a 750 to a CBR250! There was a couple of years off in between tho to help me forget how powerful the Ducati was!

Excuse my ignorance of the states but what is the geography and riding roads like around Salt Lake city? I'm guessing your more Northern if you have snow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Salt Lake valley is northwest in the states, just west of the Rocky Mountains in Utah, and about 4300 ft above sea level. Usually we have a lot of snowfall in the winter, but this has winter has been the most dry one that I can remember. The month of February had temps up in the 60's (farenheit), which is higher than usual. I will get to ride next week, but it will just be a little brisk.

The coolest part about riding in SLC is the canyon carving. There are about 4-5 canyons within a short distance from me, so a lot of twisties to play around in.

It has been a few years for me as well, but the difference in power is noticeable. I don't have a need for speed, and I get a bit uneasy on the freeway. So I'm good with a 300.

Nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
295 Posts
As I was originally looking at the F, i've also found this forum to be the best place for F owners or aspiring owners. You're in the right place :)

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The Salt Lake valley is northwest in the states, just west of the Rocky Mountains in Utah, and about 4300 ft above sea level. Usually we have a lot of snowfall in the winter, but this has winter has been the most dry one that I can remember. The month of February had temps up in the 60's (farenheit), which is higher than usual. I will get to ride next week, but it will just be a little brisk.

The coolest part about riding in SLC is the canyon carving. There are about 4-5 canyons within a short distance from me, so a lot of twisties to play around in.

It has been a few years for me as well, but the difference in power is noticeable. I don't have a need for speed, and I get a bit uneasy on the freeway. So I'm good with a 300.

Nice to meet you all.
Coincidence, but I just got back from my very first visit to Salt Lake City (West Valley area) three weeks ago. I rarely get out or travel but I happened to visit for a couple of days due to some work and training. You're right the weather was around 60 degrees some days last month, even approached closer to 70 when I was there. Ironically, back home in Texas, we were around 30 - 40 degrees... Talk about trading places on the weather for both sides.

Anyway, welcome aboard... And nice pick up on the CBR300F. And you're on the right forum.

·
Registered
295 Posts
it sucks to hear that even texas is getting chilly
and to think that I had plans to move their with part of the reason aimed at supporting my love of bikes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts