Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a new bike. I currently ride 2006 Honda CBR125R. Need something with slightly more power nothing crazy though I don't think I am ready for a 600 yet. I have only gone through one season and let me tell you it's got boring real fast.

This is how she looks if you're curious

-jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
whats up jeff, welcome aboard man... You have your heart set on the CBR300? I'm in the same boat looking to upgrade to something more modern, couple guys on the boards have recommended checking out CBR250s, they should be available for quite a good deal, or even slightly used...

·
Registered
707 Posts
whats up jeff, welcome aboard man... You have your heart set on the CBR300? I'm in the same boat looking to upgrade to something more modern, couple guys on the boards have recommended checking out CBR250s, they should be available for quite a good deal, or even slightly used...
Yeah CBR250's will depreciate nicely due to our CBR300's. Once CBR300's are out it will be a great time to get 250's

I wonder how CBR250's will depreciate over time as CBR300's eventually start to flood the used market.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah CBR250's will depreciate nicely due to our CBR300's. Once CBR300's are out it will be a great time to get 250's

I wonder how CBR250's will depreciate over time as CBR300's eventually start to flood the used market.
we'll see, theres not much difference between the two except for the midrange pull

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cropper!

It's not set in stone just yet for the CBR300. Just keeping my options open and in no rush since riding season just ended. Been looking at the Ninka 300 closely too.

The CBR250 no doubt will depreciate in price which makes it a steal if your searching in the preowned market but I really want something brand new.

·
Registered
707 Posts
we'll see, theres not much difference between the two except for the midrange pull
That's true but because of the improvements people will naturally go for the 300 given how much more they have to pay to get it, when making monthly payments it's not that much more to go for the new 300.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Well you have a few options

There is the 250, 300, and 500. :) just so you can sleep better at night
even a used 600 if he really wants to get a bit more crazy.
but even the 300 is a nice upgrade from the 125 he current has.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even a used 600 if he really wants to get a bit more crazy.
but even the 300 is a nice upgrade from the 125 he current has.
Not going with a 600 just yet. Who knows though I'll keep the options open for now. Until the cbr300 makes an appearance i'll have enough time to decide.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I am just waiting for a local motorcycle show to happen where I can see them upfront and sit on them. And then finalize it with a test ride when they become available at the dealership.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks. I am just waiting for a local motorcycle show to happen where I can see them upfront and sit on them. And then finalize it with a test ride when they become available at the dealership.
Wasn't it at the 2013 EICMA show?
If not, do you know of any other major shows where we might be able to see it?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For an of the upcoming shows coming ot your part of town it should be part of the exhibition in the Honda area.

The CBR 300R was at the EICMA show in Milan. Kind of wish I was there.

This was the Honda Section at EICMA.

·
Registered
707 Posts
For an of the upcoming shows coming ot your part of town it should be part of the exhibition in the Honda area.

The CBR 300R was at the EICMA show in Milan. Kind of wish I was there.

This was the Honda Section at EICMA.

got to love how the CBR300 looks in that picture along with the rest of Honda's setup at EICMA. Next they need to bring it to a north american show.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
@Bozzo : Any update on what bike you ended up going with? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts