Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

last Thursday I picked up a new CB300FA, trading in a two-year-old Vespa GTS300. The Vespa was lots of fun, took me to work, on day trips, and on a couple of tours, but the small wheels and (especially) the chair-like riding position wasn't my cup of vegetable juice.
So far I've put 150 km on the CB of mixed riding and enjoy it a lot. Just have to figure out how to carry stuff, especially on tours.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome. Great choice...

I believe some members who are owners of the F have taken their bikes on road trips and posted pictures which showed carrying a good amount of belongings. May want to search around the forum and PM those members as they could likely share some insight on how they manage. They may likely chime in as well.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum Michael, great pics of your bike among the Autumn leaves. Hope you get a few good rides in before it turns cold.

I've done a few long trips on my 300R without investing too much in luggage and attaching frames to the bike etc.
I put my clothes and things inside a plastic bin liner then put them in a sports bag that I attach to the pillion seat with an elastic net. I clip the hooks of the net back onto each other by pulling them right under the rear guard/pillion seat. I put a folded towel under the bag first tho to protect my paint.
My day to day stuff like warm gloves, sunglasses, camera, snacks etc I put in a magnetic tank bag in front of me for easy access.
Not saying this is the ultimate set up but it works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies and tips. Yes, I'll check the forum for pics and tips. I figured out I can tie down and bungee a small
duffel bag or a backpack to the pillion seat, so day trips are OK. It's the tours. Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, plus all the other stuff... The Vespa was like a pickup truck - it could carry a lot.
I don't mind cool weather riding as I have good clothes. Yesterday I rode on the highway for 30 minutes and it was about
five degrees above freezing. It felt OK. So it should be possible to ride till the end of November. Sometimes Toronto is snow/ice free till January, so at least work commutes would be possible.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Hi Michael
Good choice, we don't get the F model in the UK. Mine is a RA-F tri colour.
Enjoy the bike and the forum.
No longer a mod then on peanut roasters !!! ha ha
Dave

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hello Michael from Atlantic Canada...sorry to take so long but my Computer crashed ( 2 weeks ago) now I have a new one (today!):)

This a great site you will get lots of good info here too.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
Dsimmo, I am enjoying the bike and the forum. Thanks. Peanut roaster...hmmm...make sure you take some
blueberry jam along.
Zac, I'm sure you don't miss GTA traffic. Though in winter you may need a propane torch to keep warm :)
CDNHONDAR, do your bikes come with sails? Considering how windy it gets over there, you'd save on gas :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome to the forum Michael, great pics of your bike among the Autumn leaves. Hope you get a few good rides in before it turns cold.

I've done a few long trips on my 300R without investing too much in luggage and attaching frames to the bike etc.
I put my clothes and things inside a plastic bin liner then put them in a sports bag that I attach to the pillion seat with an elastic net. I clip the hooks of the net back onto each other by pulling them right under the rear guard/pillion seat. I put a folded towel under the bag first tho to protect my paint.
My day to day stuff like warm gloves, sunglasses, camera, snacks etc I put in a magnetic tank bag in front of me for easy access.
Not saying this is the ultimate set up but it works for me.

Hello? New Zealand Police? I wish to report a High Speed "Baby Blade" traveling across Southland....must have been going 160 KMH plus (down hill!) Plate number ... A8WJU :)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hello? New Zealand Police? I wish to report a High Speed "Baby Blade" traveling across Southland....must have been going 160 KMH plus (down hill!) Plate number ... A8WJU :)
They've had my number for ages now! :D Probably the sneaky tests of the GSXR after doing engine work are more of a worry...
I have noticed some folk blurr out their plates on forum pics, I'm thinking I'm pretty safe from repercussions down this part of the world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts