Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

Been lurking here for a few weeks and haven't posted all that much so I figure I might as well make an entrance.
Got me a 300f about 2 weeks ago as my first bike. I got it used with ~900 miles on it and paid 3200$. The odo already reads >2500 :D:D

I am a tinkerer/modder from the get go, so even though I only plan on keeping this bike for a year or two iv'e already got the mod bug.

Went ahead and put the Yosh fender eliminator(paid 65$ revzilla pricematch and 15$ Zilla cash, cant beat that!) and the integrated tail light from ebay.

I'm also picking up a Yosh TRC exhaust from craigslist on monday(120$). It is meant for a CBR250r but from what I've read it should work if i cut a few inches off of the header pipe.

So far enjoying every second on the bike. I actually look forward to commuting to work, and although i get a bit sad when I get home at night and have to park her, I always remember that the first thing I get to do tomorrow is hop on and go for a ride!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention that I have a 15t sprocket in the mail as well.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
Great intro Swood, welcome from a fellow modder! Your bike is lookin better already with the fender eliminator,
will look even better once you get the boat anchor removed off the right hand side :laugh:

Your pipe sounds like a good score, just be careful you don't chop too much off the end of the header in one go. Its a pain they changed that part of the bike on the 300.

I see your getting a 15T sprocket, did you find the bike a bit low geared in standard form? I found I was reaching for a 7th gear all the time!
Some of the guys who do a lot of commuting/city riding find it makes first gear more user friendly as well.

Exciting times for you, I love getting a new bike and modding it to my requirements. Enjoy every minute of it. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see your getting a 15T sprocket, did you find the bike a bit low geared in standard form? I found I was reaching for a 7th gear all the time!
Some of the guys who do a lot of commuting/city riding find it makes first gear more user friendly as well.
I've found that, on my commute, especially in the afternoon in heavy traffic, that 1st gear is pretty useless. It only gets me to about 20 MPH without the rpm's running at 8-9k, and even if traffic is moving really slow and that's as fast as i can go, the engine braking is so severe that it requires constant clutch work to avoid looking like a total newb.

On the highway, the fastest iv'e gotten it up to is 90, and often times at ~75 MPH i'll look down and see my rpm's and unconsciously try and shift to 7th.

The sprocket came in just a few hours ago. I'm waiting for the bike to cool down a bit before I head out. Plan on making a photo how-to guide since it doesn't seem like anyone here has done one yet.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
Plan on making a photo how-to guide since it doesn't seem like anyone here has done one yet.
That's a good idea as it's a pretty popular option with this bike. I see the gearing thread is up to 127 posts now, although probably a third of them are mine! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Way to go with the find and with the solid deal. Now that you're putting your personal touch towards it, you can enjoy a sweeter time with each ride.

Rock on and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts