Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R, 2001 CR125R
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Stumbled across this forum while I was searching for a good phone mount for my bike and thought I'd join because why the heck not! (Also, thinking I'll go the quad lock but I believe it has to be the fork stem mount correct?)

I only got my road learners in May this year just before I turned 30 (mid life crisis?) but have been riding dirt bikes for about 8 years. I've got an '01 CR125R which I love and then for my 30th my husband got me a 2015 CBR300R. I have my RE test on Saturday and I'm equal parts nervous and excited.

If anyone has any words of wisdom for a new rider such as myself or if there are any common issue to watch out for with this bike please let me know, otherwise, I'm happy to be here and hope to contribute more to the forum in future.

Heres a photo from the day I got my bike (no I didn't ride in those clothes) and of my dirt scoot just because I love her.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Smile Tire Wheel Plant Motocross Enduro

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Welcome Mrs O from a Kiwi neighbor. I had the exact same bike as you for about three years, now I just loiter here as I still have a soft spot for the CBR3 and no ones told me to leave. :giggle:.

I had a hoot on my one, sports rides, long multi day tours and a couple of track days. I'm sure you'll have a great run out of yours too, it looks pretty well looked after. Just check that the recall work has been done. A lot of the early ones got their crankshafts replaced. If you give your VIN to a Honda dealer they should be able to tell you. Other than that they are a reliable little machine with no bad vices. If you change your own oil and filter just make sure you dont put the filter in the wrong way round. Been more than a few wrecked engines because of this simple mistake.

My #1 riding tip for a new road rider would be to always look through the corner to were you want to go rather than directly in front of you. Lead with your eyes and the bike will follow. And watch out for the crazies in cars of course!

Hey I really like your chook chaser. I've got one of the last of the XR250's in my garage but I've always had a hankering for a 125cc two stroker. Looks like a ton of fun.

Oh and 30 is definitely not mid life crisis time. Mid forties maybe... ;)

My '15 red weeBR:

·
Registered
348 Posts
And by the time you're mid-60s... you're either.. well into your journey and walking your path of enlightenment, or, dead and aren't aware of it yet. :whistle:
Welcome to the Forum. Ride Safe and Enjoy.

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
9 Posts
Hah - I also did my training and license before turning 30. Hoping it's more of a quarter life than mid-life crisis, though! I had never been on a bike before signing up for my training course (but did have some quad and snowmobile experience.) Agree with kiwi rider - looking a long way through the turn has helped my cornering a lot. Proper lane positioning also took me a while to get used to. Right now I'm working on improving my blip-shifting/rev matching on downshifts.

My used 2015 CB300F seems to have some corrosion tendencies. The battery contacts create a good deal of build-up, and the fuel tank cap gets stuck and needs occasional lubing. Besides that, I've had a year with no issues.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am also experiencing midlife crises in my 30s, welcome!

If you do the quadlock on the fork stem (ideal in my opinion), definitely get the optional vibration dampener, because otherwise it will screw up the autofocus on your phone's camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts