Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I'm new to the forum. I live in St. Augustine , FL. Not the most exciting place to ride. I've been riding over 50 years. I started in New England on a 100cc Yamaha that had 3 low gears and 3 high gears. Poor thing was not a good commuter. I Got a 1971 triumph tiger and a Cooper 250cc dirt bike after that. A suzuki 250 twin for a few weeks that I traded in on a new 1978 Moto Guzzi v50, (possibly my favorite bike,,, but I had a Norton Commando at the same time and never got used to the shifter / rear brakes being on different sides of these bikes. Next I had a 1000cc Moto Guzzi LeMans for several years, then a Yamaha 550cc Vision, then, BMW R80 and a Honda 650 Hawk. When I moved to downtown St. Augustine to retire, I wanted a scooter for city driving. First a Yamaha 50cc Zuma, then a Honda 110cc Elite scooter, then a Vespa 250cc, then I got another Honda 110cc Elite scooter and a 2015 triumph Bonneville; these two bikes were the best of both worlds for a few years, but once I turned 70 yrs. old I wanted something lighter than the bonneville and faster than the scooter so I got rid of both of them. I'll never forget the ride I had on a new 1989 Yamaha FZR400 that I should have bought,,,,, that's the handling & weight I wanted. I'm not saying my (New Old Stock) 2018 Honda Cb300f is the same as the FZR400, but with my age and memory loss, I sometimes feel like Kenny Roberts on the Cb300f. I't about 4 months since I bought it and has 4600 miles on it already! I'm extremely happy with th Cb300f! Sorry, If this intro is too long. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we dont get many posts on here these days so long is good. :giggle:
Quite a variety of bikes there over the years and it sounds like you've enjoyed your riding. I guess living in Florida makes for all year round riding huh. Your putting over 1000 miles a month on that CB, good going!
Enjoy your rides.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I knew someone bought that other R80.. I rode an '83 R80RT for 34 years, and only once did I see another one. But living in the foothills of NC doesn't lend itself to much through traffic. That's some dog you have there in your avatar. I may be wrong, but it looks like she's smiling. After 37 years of blissful marriage, it's hard to say for sure it's a smile... but I vaguely remember they look something like that. :whistle: Anyways, Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy and Ride Safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts