Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No. This isn't a request for "that".

I need to add a Rox FX Bar 2" Riser to my 300FA, and there just isn't enough slack in the cables/hoses to make the install work.

I'm pretty shocked since I've never encountered a bike that wouldn't easily accept a set of Risers before. YX600, Nighthawk 700SC, GPZ550, XL650, WR250X, KLX250S, DR650...all of them were easy installs. Some also had enough slack to let me add CR/YZ hi-bend bars which were taller than OEM, and none of them were a problem...

This is the first bike I've ever had that I couldn't "easily" install a bar riser.

I'd hate to think I need to buy all new cables, hoses, and wiring just to raise the handlebars a couple inches.

Any suggestions on how to come up with a couple inches of slack?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
... I'd hate to think I need to buy all new cables, hoses, and wiring just to raise the handlebars a couple inches.

Not to mention that it may be difficult to even find them in the right length for your application.

You could try raising the fuel tank up and out of the way, so that you can see how everything is routed... perhaps you can get the extra few inches of slack by doing some rerouting, or even removing extra cable ties (zip ties) that don't really need to be there. Sometimes it seems manufacturer's can go a bit overboard with the number of cable ties they use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quote NOTARAT

Any suggestions on how to come up with a couple inches of slack?[/QUOTE]

this is from the cbr250 forum, installing cb300f handlebars on a cbr250

PSURIDER was able to get a couple of inches of slack buy routing the cables from in front of fork tubes/top triple tree to the rear side of fork tubes/top triple tree.

hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Reactions: atown8605

·
Banned
777 Posts
I find for myself, that the bars do can use 2in risers upward, however 1to 1.25in would probably fit without major modifications.
Once you start riding, you'll want to lean more forward, more with higher speeds.
Aside from the bars being low, I find them quite good on the horizontal distance with the body.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to mention that it may be difficult to even find them in the right length for your application.

You could try raising the fuel tank up and out of the way, so that you can see how everything is routed... perhaps you can get the extra few inches of slack by doing some rerouting, or even removing extra cable ties (zip ties) that don't really need to be there. Sometimes it seems manufacturer's can go a bit overboard with the number of cable ties they use.
I plan on trying that out this coming weekend

Quote NOTARAT

this is from the cbr250 forum, installing cb300f handlebars on a cbr250

PSURIDER was able to get a couple of inches of slack buy routing the cables from in front of fork tubes/top triple tree to the rear side of fork tubes/top triple tree.

hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OC. Will try that out this weekend. Was hoping not to have to remove everything, but it's not the end of the world if I have to remove the tank and cables to re-route them. (along with MotoMike's suggestion to remove some of the Zip Ties.

You should have gone with the F :laugh:
Whoosh!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I find for myself, that the bars do can use 2in risers upward, however 1to 1.25in would probably fit without major modifications.
Once you start riding, you'll want to lean more forward, more with higher speeds.
Aside from the bars being low, I find them quite good on the horizontal distance with the body.
Yet another largely unhelpful post from someone who doesn't own the bike. :rolleyes:

MeeLee, you do understand that notarat does in fact own a CB300F and has been riding it for some time now?... you're not telling him anything in your post that he doesn't already know from actual first hand experience.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No. This isn't a request for "that".

I need to add a Rox FX Bar 2" Riser to my 300FA, and there just isn't enough slack in the cables/hoses to make the install work.

I'm pretty shocked since I've never encountered a bike that wouldn't easily accept a set of Risers before. YX600, Nighthawk 700SC, GPZ550, XL650, WR250X, KLX250S, DR650...all of them were easy installs. Some also had enough slack to let me add CR/YZ hi-bend bars which were taller than OEM, and none of them were a problem...

This is the first bike I've ever had that I couldn't "easily" install a bar riser.

I'd hate to think I need to buy all new cables, hoses, and wiring just to raise the handlebars a couple inches.

I managed to install Rox FX Bar 2" Risers on my CB300F, but it took a lot of

fiddling to fit them in. I ended up rerouting clutch cable, adjusted the bracket that holds the brake line, removed all ties that were holding electrical cables. The biggest issue is with the throttle line. I’m not finding the way to reroute the cables. It works, but with this setup, I have about ¼ in of throttle play when handlebar is turned to the right or is pointing straight. However, when making full left lock, there is no play what so ever. If you guys have any experience with throttle cable adjustment, I’ll appreciate your input.

Needless to say, with my bad lower back, I love this setup much better – it improved my posture big time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts