Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 2022 CBR300R I hit 1000 miles and my battery is dead my tender won’t let it go past 53% , the more concerning problem is when I turn the key and press the ignition switch I get a click If I hold the button for 5 seconds the starter attempts to start but nothing happens, my cluster display also cycles from 90mph to 120 and resets back to 0 I’m hoping it’s just a battery issue I can hear the fuel pump turn on so I guess my question is is it possible the battery just isn’t providing enough juice to start the whole bike even if it’s charged at 50%

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Hi there, most of these type of issues end up being battery related so first thing you need to do is eliminate the battery as the suspect. It appears you have enough juice in your battery to make the starter relay click but not to engage the starter motor. Do you have own or have access to a vehicle with a 12 volt battery that you can jump off using jumper leads?

There is also a possibility that your battery tender is not powerful enough to give your battery the boost charge that it needs. You could drop it into an auto electrician and get them to charge it properly and load test it for you. But I would try jump starting it off another vehicle first.

·
Super Moderator
387 Posts
If it's a 2022 model, the battery is still under warranty. Let your local Honda dealer check out the problem. Call ahead. They may or not also want to check the bike's charging system, but more times than not all they'll do is load test the battery to see it won't hold a charge and replace it. Ride in? or Battery in hand?

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Ive got a good friend and racing sponsor who's an auto electrician so I showed him your post. Without seeing the bike his best guess is that its an earthing issue. He suggests you attach another wire to the negative terminal of the battery and attach the other end of it to a bolt on the engine and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ive got a good friend and racing sponsor who's an auto electrician so I showed him your post. Without seeing the bike his best guess is that its an earthing issue. He suggests you attach another wire to the negative terminal of the battery and attach the other end of it to a bolt on the engine and see if that makes any difference.
thank you I will look into this and will post an update soon as possible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts